Dropped My X-Pro1

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by Dave Jenkins, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Put my X-Pro1 on the seat beside me at a restaurant Saturday night and it was accidentally shoved off onto a tile floor. The shutter button/on-off switch assembly was knocked off.
    Talked to Fuji repair today and they said the whole top plate would have to be replaced. Cost would be $180 labor plus parts, so I suspect the total cost would be well over $350. Looks like I have a new paperweight, unless someone has an alternate suggestion.

2. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Door stop ?

Sorry, couldn’t resist.
    Bad luck that.

3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Jun 20, 2012
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I hear you... that's not a TON of money, but it's enough to make you hesitant to repair a Gen-1 X Pro 1. A little bit more $ could get you a used newer camera.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bobby Tingle

Bobby Tingle Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Or for about that ballpark, another X-Pro1 on the used market.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Veteran

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    Sorry to hear this Dave, I was thinking the same thing as Bobby - might be as well to just get another X-Pro1 (assuming that the used price is about the same as the repair price)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    They pop up on FredMiranda around $$350. But not as much as they used to. I think @Adam Bonn@Adam Bonn has single handedly created a resurgence in X-Pro1 popularity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Veteran

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    I always wondered about picking one up but I think I will pass, as my X-E2 is already under-used.

8. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    it could also be a boat anchor for a VERY small boat

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. mikEm13

mikEm13 Veteran

Feb 7, 2017
    Well Dave you can spend 350 to buy another one that you have no history on or you could spend it on the one you already know the history of. I think they would clean and lube where needed and you might have a better P1 then before the fall. Its just something to think about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Plaatje

Plaatje Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    If this had happend to my X-Pro1 I would go for a repair. I've only once used their repair service in the UK and they cleaned the whole camera. Just my thoughts . . .

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  11. KillRamsey

Jun 20, 2012
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Thirding the "had a great repair experience" comments... went in with frozen shutter, came back with new motherboard, new top plate, new rubber, and new shutter.

12. So, how much, Kyle?

13. Looks like repair is not an option. Fuji USA says they no longer have parts for the X-Pro1.

14. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Amazon and Overstock have new X-Pro1's. But they are a bit north $1K.

15. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I wonder of there is any way to force it into the on position....then you could just remove the battery as your "off" setting. Or maybe the whole assembly breaking off means it just is what it is.

Really a bummer. Maybe your broken one is worth $75 to someone that needs other good parts.

You have my condolences.

16. KillRamsey

Jun 20, 2012
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Really sorry to hear that. Damn! And I think mine was less than $400... 95% sure it was around $330.

17. I was able to find another X-Pro 1 on the Fred Miranda forum for $335, so I think I'm going to put the broken one up for sale for $75 plus shipping and PayPal. I was informed that replacement top plates are available on eBay for $179, so maybe someone who's good at tinkering can fix it and have a good one to use or sell.

I bought the camera a year ago and it always worked perfectly (until I dropped it!).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    I saw that Pro1 on FM and almost got it.

19. Sold my broken X-Pro 1 on Fred Miranda for $85 and should have asked for more. I could probably have sold ten of them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.