Downtown Boston, MA

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by Hyubie, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hyubie

Hyubie Top Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Back at this forum's sister site, we had a meet up in downtown Boston, and we attended the Boston PhotoWalks Tour of Beacon Hill.

A good few of us attended and had a blast. I didn't realize that none of us posted our photos here, and figured this might be a good start to also share images of our beautiful city.

All images were taken with the E-PL1, and either the Oly 14-42 kit, Panny 20mm or Canon FD 50mm f/1.4.

Enjoy these, feel free to post your Boston photos, and come, visit us! (No, I'm not an employee of Mayor Menino. :biggrin:)

What better place to start than with our State House.

View attachment 39888

View attachment 39889

Directly in front is The Shaw Memorial.

View attachment 39890

View attachment 39891

A few from Beacon Hill/Boston Common:

View attachment 39892

View attachment 39893

View attachment 39894

View attachment 39895

Some of the photographers:

View attachment 39896

View attachment 39897
    • Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Wonderful, Hyubie! We down here of more southern New York contingent never got our acts together.:redface: Hope springs eternal, however...maybe for the autumn days.

Boston is so full of history for us here in the states and there's so much to see and do. I spent about a year in Cambridge back in the early 1970s and used to forget where I parked my car... Those streets just don't have the Manhattan grid!:wink:

I'm sorry to say that I haven't been up there in about 10 years, but I've always had a deep soft spot for Bean Town.:love:

You've started us with a really nice array of images...and I think I spy Alan in a few of them, too. Many thanks! I know we have some others who can add to this thread for sure!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hyubie

Hyubie Top Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Yes, that is Alan. In the 9th picture, it's a husband-and-wife camera-brandishing tandem (his wife in green). :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    "camera brandishing":2thumbs:
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    An interesting series - thanks for sharing.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Someone should tell Alan...I don't think that is how a monopod is s'posed to work.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Well captured series, thanks.
    • Like Like x 1