Sony Disable RX100 movie button

Can anyone tell me how to disable the movie button on the RX100. I haven't been able to find anything in the menus. Thanks.

Sadly, I have found no way of disabling the movie button on the RX100. If there were a means of doing so, I would do it without hesitation.

The movie button is a total nuisance to those who have no desire (or only an occasional desire) to shoot video. A firmware update to provide disabling of the movie button, through a menu selection toggle, would be very welcome... Sony, are you listening?!

This is probably my only meaningful grumble about this camera.

Thanks. I've been researching this all day and it looks like you are correct, there is no way to disable the button.

I don't see any significant advantage to even having the button as a quick turn of the mode dial can allow movies. Sony, please let me disable it.

Thanks. I've been researching this all day and it looks like you are correct, there is no way to disable the button.

I don't see any significant advantage to even having the button as a quick turn of the mode dial can allow movies. Sony, please let me disable it.

Ok, let's gang up on Sony, and bully them into providing this option...! ;):)

Sadly, no. I'd love to see an option to reprogram it like the rear-wheel control buttons. Disabling would be a close second.

Seems like marketing departments pick out a button on every nice camera and decide that its function is Much Too Important to allow users to mess with it. At least a movie record button is nominally useful, unlike, say, Canon's direct-print button.

Back