DAY FOUR - Silver September 2013

Today was the first day of a huge industry trade show — IFA 2013 in Berlin. This is how I spent 12 hours today: writing news myself, supervising my underlings, requesting additional materials and review samples... And drinking LOTS of coffee to keep myself focused.

9673323769_9c17aacfda_b.jpg

I agree with Sue. And, COFFEE!!!

Windows

9673426205_cfa51b2426_c.jpg

Wonderful shot... :bravo-009:

I'm embarrassed to post in this company, but I'm plugging away! Today I took the second set of photos in... good Lord, at least 20 years! intended for black and white, and at least this time I got some contrasts. If nothing else, after 5 tries to get this to show up and after deleting at least one comment I didn't mean to delete, I think I understand how deleting a message works!
9674868837_26e0741726_b.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I edited the stuffing out of it because it was fun. There was no detail in the center anyway, but there's a bonus ant! Topaz Restyle, Black and Dark Ash Grey (tweaked) subjected to Muted Grey Walls.

Attachments

• 9674868837_26e0741726_b.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 9674868837_26e0741726_b.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 29
Today was the first day of a huge industry trade show — IFA 2013 in Berlin. This is how I spent 12 hours today: writing news myself, supervising my underlings, requesting additional materials and review samples... And drinking LOTS of coffee to keep myself focused.

Having worked for an online tech related news site myself, I'm curious: where can I find your news?

Thanks for posting! Nice contrast. The ant is indeed a bonus.
I'm embarrassed to post in this company, but I'm plugging away! Today I took the second set of photos in... good Lord, at least 20 years! intended for black and white, and at least this time I got some contrasts. If nothing else, after 5 tries to get this to show up and after deleting at least one comment I didn't mean to delete, I think I understand how deleting a message works!
I edited the stuffing out of it because it was fun. There was no detail in the center anyway, but there's a bonus ant! Topaz Restyle, Black and Dark Ash Grey (tweaked) subjected to Muted Grey Walls.

She's 13 months. We adopted her in Feb, the person at the animal pound kept insisting she was a mackerel tabby, I kept telling him she's a classic... :rolleyes:

Given her prominent markings and well-balanced form, I've speculated that she may have been discarded from an illicit breeding program - her coat is a silver/brown blend and some breeders wouldn't like the white bib & feet. The animal control officer found her wandering :crying: around the day before I showed up.

Well I'm glad Abigail found such a wonderful, loving home so quickly. I have two sisters (Pearl and Ella) who were abandoned at 2 weeks and rescued by a vet tech, and my 13-yr-old Ben was dumped in my neighborhood when he was 1.5yrs old. It's horrible what some people do to such sweet creatures. :crying:

Wow! Nice! The foreground looks infrared and the background looks normal. May I ask - was there a frost, or a heavy dew, or is it the light, or did you tweak it?

Light dew, early morning light, before sun hit them. Maybe slightly over exposed, and the "weeds" were very light in color. Earlier in this thread, I listed my PP. I've tried to do these in color, but not very impressive.

This is a pile of dirt, left from the excavation for our RV parking place. In two years the weeds have taken up residence. :)

Light dew, early morning light, before sun hit them. Maybe slightly over exposed, and the "weeds" were very light in color. Earlier in this thread, I listed my PP. I've tried to do these in color, but not very impressive.

This is a pile of dirt, left from the excavation for our RV parking place. In two years the weeds have taken up residence. :)

Thank you! I missed your PP. When I comment I'm taken to the end of the thread and I missed some posts returning. Must be more careful!

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

This photo, which I took on September 4, uses available light and a rather cool soft focus/high contrast effect. My photographic weapon of choice was not one of my Olympuses (Olympi?) - but rather my iPhone which depending on one's point of view either is or is not a 'Serious Compact'. I think it is, but you can be the judge yourself/ves -

9677950956_4395a7cd40_b.jpg

Back