Day 9 - Golden October

Well, when it comes to glorious Fall colors...there's almost nothing that can beat the small-town festivities in my hometown of Talent, Oregon, when the Harvest Festival rolls around - pumpkins are larger, apple cider positively glows in the cider presses, and the local ladies put on their finery to participate in the annual parade down Main Street...

10167069683_ecb4f30dbd_b.jpg

Waving Ladies by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

On Day 9, I estimated the leaf change process to be about 30% of the way along in Cambridge.

8pen.jpg

... 4 kinds of OSHA hazards down on that floor.

Add to that - most guitar tube amps have the input 12AX7 grid in-series to a 68k grid resistor to the user. 12AX7 Plate gets fed to +300Vdc through a 100k plate resistor. Plate to grid distance within the tube is maybe a tenth of an inch? If the plate and grid short, let's see 300V/168k => 1.7mA at 300V to the user? Luckily, I've never heard of plate to grid shorts. :)

Well, when it comes to glorious Fall colors...there's almost nothing that can beat the small-town festivities in my hometown of Talent, Oregon, when the Harvest Festival rolls around - pumpkins are larger, apple cider positively glows in the cider presses, and the local ladies put on their finery to participate in the annual parade down Main Street...

10167069683_ecb4f30dbd_b.jpg

Waving Ladies by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Ah, we have the firetrucks in Henry, IL, where I live - every year we bring out our original one, from 1928 I believe, for the Fourth of July parade. But here you have us beat!

Oh hell yes.

But you need a pedal board, my man. 4 kinds of OSHA hazards down on that floor.

If that's the case, it's a good thing it's not in South Park with Kenny in the same room! (I know all I know about electricity is if you flip the switch something usually turns on, I know less about audio equipment, and not much more about South Park - but I have to get my little joke in. Some people!)

Back