DAY 5 - Golden October

For Day 5, an early fall day in southern Oregon where the teasels - aka teasles or teasels, a flowering plant thought by most to be a weed, aka Dipascus - can be seen everywhere, including in proximity to my propane tank, another peculiarity of rural life.

10095257495_b47b8e530d_b.jpg

Propane Tank + Teasels by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Sassafras and Dogwood

These trees, mark an old grave yard, in front of my neighbor's house.

Sasafrass.jpg

Last Days of the Milk Weed.

Well, I didn't have a lot of luck today so I took a walk in the field next to our home. 'Not my usual subject and I do have to admit that the photograph processed in Silver Efex Pro 2 was pretty nice but anyway here's the color version. Strong warm late afternoon side light. Fuji XF-1, process from RAW in LR5.
. . . David

Attachments

• October Images - Last Days of the Milk Pod (1 of 1).jpg
    October Images - Last Days of the Milk Pod (1 of 1).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 152
For Day 5, an early fall day in southern Oregon where the teasels - aka teasles or teasels, a flowering plant thought by most to be a weed, aka Dipascus - can be seen everywhere, including in proximity to my propane tank, another peculiarity of rural life.

10095257495_b47b8e530d_b.jpg

Propane Tank + Teasels by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Nice shot! I admired teasel in Art Nouveau design before I noticed it growing all around me.

I joined several other volunteers in gathering seeds at a local nature reserve this morning, but I only snapped a few quick ID photos on my phone or I wouldn't have gotten any work done! On my way home, I stopped to get some photos of an Osage Orange growing within a considerate distance of a place to pull over safely. Here's one, run through Topaz Adjust with what passes for restraint with me.
10110440624_a9c7326fec_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Osage Orange by rubyj29, on Flickr

Once again, I've been intending to do this for weeks now, but it took Golden October to push me into turning intent into action!

Thumbnail
10110440624_531f7ea86a_t.jpg

Osage Orange by rubyj29, on Flickr

I joined several other volunteers in gathering seeds at a local nature reserve this morning, but I only snapped a few quick ID photos on my phone or I wouldn't have gotten any work done! On my way home, I stopped to get some photos of an Osage Orange growing within a considerate distance of a place to pull over safely. Here's one, run through Topaz Adjust with what passes for restraint with me.

Once again, I've been intending to do this for weeks now, but it took Golden October to push me into turning intent into action!

Well, you may call it an 'Osage Orange', but to me it looks suspiciously (and wonderfully) like......a Green Alien Brain! growing on what seems to be an ordinary garden plant. Pretty darn cool...!

Back