DAY 4 -Golden October

On the way into work this morning. Yup, it's one of the roads that goes into an area cemetery. Fuji XF-1, ISO 200, (from Auto ISO), RAW file processed in LR5.
. . . David

Attachments

• October Images (1 of 1).jpg
    October Images (1 of 1).jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 162
Found this Tithonia aka 'Mexican sunflower' growing in the garden on a very cold almost wintrous Fall morning. I think they are more common in tropical and subtropical 'southern' climates, but this one seems to be surviving up here in the crisp Northwest. Plus, the more I stared at it....the more I had to keep looking.

10088418213_3eafac119c_b.jpg

Tithonia in the Garden by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Found this Tithonia aka 'Mexican sunflower' growing in the garden on a very cold almost wintrous Fall morning. I think they are more common in tropical and subtropical 'southern' climates, but this one seems to be surviving up here in the crisp Northwest. Plus, the more I stared at it....the more I had to keep looking.

10088418213_3eafac119c_b.jpg

Tithonia in the Garden by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

This really says Fall!
In Southern Illinois, we had customers badger us for these for years before we found a source. Hummingbirds love them. They grow as annuals in my neck of the woods, but they often self seed, so these may be back next year!

Back