DAY 25 - Golden October

pniev

Student for life
Have been away for a while. This is a shot from last week. Yes, it's that time of the year here.

p611794149-5.jpg

A boring picture, but an important one for me. I used to play clubs every week for over a decade, always in regular bands, playing guitar and pedal steel. Then I moved to Boston over 6 years ago, and stopped cold turkey. Didn't know any gigging musicians, then got busy with my new job, and just had a house full of gear that I noodled on unplugged. Last year I met a guy at a bike fund raiser who happened to work with me, and who plays out. He invited me to play with him at the practice space, and after a year we've finally found a good bassist and drummer, and gotten 10 originals together. Last night we played out at the Middle East in Central Square, early as hell (6pm). But I... Played... OUT. It happened.

Empty room before doors opened.
3xyt.jpg

Saw this old pickup truck for sale, parked on the street in the small Oregon town where I live. And then I saw the way the afternoon light was hitting the front hood.

10483609174_02c69d3bc5_b.jpg

For Sale by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Taken with my relatively new and cool Rokinon fisheye lens.

Nice! What's also cool is how the lattice shadows look so big on the truck and so small on the ground.

Actually, it's a different person, who kept dancing to the enchanting tunes of Editors. I did like how their hands mirrored each other, so I can see what made you think it's a shadow.

Back