Micro 4/3 Choosing my CC

I am going to try for size this weekend I'll report back on my choice, it looks like the Lx7 may win the day unless I am wowed by the sony

I was wowed by the Sony. The IQ is pretty compelling. It was with continued use that I came to like it less and less as time passed. No worries - its the absolutely PERFECT camera for my wife and she loves shooting it on iAuto and gets great results. But I like interacting with a camera and I grew to really dislike trying so hard to interact with that one. Trying to bend it to my will. Personal preference issue for sure - many love it. But its possible to be initially wowed and then disillusioned over time. Happened to me and I'm not alone in this. Although I think the majority of those who have it like it quite a lot...

On the great shirt pocket controversy, I don't even like carrying an iPhone in a typical dress shirt pocket. But a heavier winter shirt with pockets that have some structure to them are a different story. With these, I'd say the RX100 has a real advantage over anything in the category other than the Canon "S" models, which are even smaller and lighter. The LX7 has too much lens protrusion for me to be comfortable with that even in a pretty heavy winter shirt. The RX100 is a no brainer in that type of shirt. I was also very comfortable with the Nikon Coolpix A in that pocket and I'm quite sure I'll like the Ricoh GR a bit more, because its slightly slimmer and light, if a bit longer than the Nikon. But, as with most things, we each have different "shirt pocket tolerances" so your mileage may vary...

-Ray

Thanks Ray you some good points, my LX3 is just about shirt pocketable for me, it,s my wifes birthday soon and she needs a new Camera, Maybe I should get her an RX100, no ulteria motive of course

Thanks Ray you some good points, my LX3 is just about shirt pocketable for me, it,s my wifes birthday soon and she needs a new Camera, Maybe I should get her an RX100, no ulteria motive of course

The LX7 is a little larger than the LX3 in every dimension, including weight. It is a wonderful camera, though.

LX7 now purchased, many thanks for all the feedback

I am amazed how much more responsive and usable than the LX3 it feels, I hope to use it in anger this weekend

Back