Changes

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Hi you guys - Bill may we have a round of everyone's drink of choice?:D

Although I haven't been as active as usual around the halls of Serious Compacts, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here in spirit the same as ever. That said, there's a lot more going on in my day to day life than usual and I need to step back even more... My family may be moving, and as you all know that requires quite a bit of energy.

After talking it over with Amin, Bill and Mark, I've decided it's best for me to hand in my Administrator badge for now. Who knows what the future holds...if the move happens, and we're settled I may come back on as one of the team. However, no matter what, I shall always remain a devoted SC member. How could I not?! Some of us have known each other for almost what...three years? Or is it more? From my first venture onto Mu43 and being welcomed by the kindness, helpfulness and encouragement of Amin, Don and Brian Mosely...to the rise of Serious Compacts from its slumbers... This virtual world of fellow photographers has become much more than that, because many of us have actually become real friends.

By stepping down from my administrative duties, I shall now be able to assuage my guilt :daz: and, perhaps, even find the time to post a few pictures more often? I promise that if the move works out, I'll be boring you all with the beauty of where we hope to move to.;)

So...everyone belly up to the bar as the drinks are on the house! Final perk as an Admin, you know.:drinks:

BB, many thanks for your great work and all your engagement! And all your best for your future. May you use the free time you are going to get in exchange of your administrative duties for your own and your family's enjoyment and photographic work! But at now I wish you the best for your move.

BB, thank you so much for all that you've done to make Serious Compacts a place which people find to be worth spending precious time. As I've told you before more than once, there would be no SeriousCompacts.com, and there would be no Mu-43.com if it weren't for your contributions. I wish you always all the best and hope that being freed of all responsibility around these parts means that you'll continue to enjoy S.C. for a long while to come.

I think I'm going to download this thread for perpetuity...or at least until my time comes, "the roll is called up yonder", and our daughter can read this at my memorial service.;)

Seriously, it is I who have to and want to thank you all... I actually feel a little bit sad but really it's not goodbye, it's just a different kind of day to day involvement. I am very grateful to have had the pleasure of being helpful.:grouphug:

Where is our publican Bill?! Sleeping on the job no doubt, due to the time zone differences. Just help yourselves to the appropriate beverage of choice and enjoy yourselves.

I'll keep you posted on the moving... We're not quite there yet, but fingers are crossed. So for the time being I'm still not just from but also still in New Yawk.:drinks:

BB, you have been an administrator extraordinaire. It has been nearly three years since I stumbled along into this community (first at mu-43) and I have often wondered just how hard you must be working - your influence on these sites has been monumental.

Best wishes, and good luck with the move - see you around I'm sure :)

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on a thread titled "changes"!!

I will definitely miss you as an admin. I could always count on you to ban whomever I didn't like! It'll be tough not to have someone in my back pocket anymore. I suppose all the kickbacks were ultimately not enough to keep you around. Hehehe.

Will miss you ... :sad010:

... as an admin.

Back