Micro 4/3 Celestial two-fer from last night

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Supermoon rising through clouds, Brunswick, NY

SupermoonriseBrunswickSunsetfrear019-001copyMedium.jpg

Sunset over Frear Park, Troy, NY
SupermoonriseBrunswickSunsetfrear058copy-001Medium.jpg

Yeah, I know: crazy grain. But still, an image is better than no image . . .

Cheers, Jock
PS -- This was posted via PhotoBucket

i the grain ADDS to the second one, but 'grain' (ooooh I'm sure the film guys hate it when us digital guys use the word grain for noise) can be a pretty personal thing.

Once man's grain is another man's noise.

Our supermoon is socked in the clouds last night. I did try shooting the moon the night before with my ginormous Sigma lens, but handholding a 5 lb. lens for a 1 second exposure was just ridiculous and I didn't feel like digging out the tripod. I decided to try it another night. Also the mosquitos were pretty bad. Maybe after we get a good frost and the bugs are gone I can spend more time outside at night with the tripod.

i the grain ADDS to the second one, but 'grain' (ooooh I'm sure the film guys hate it when us digital guys use the word grain for noise) can be a pretty personal thing.

Once man's grain is another man's noise.

Our supermoon is socked in the clouds last night. I did try shooting the moon the night before with my ginormous Sigma lens, but handholding a 5 lb. lens for a 1 second exposure was just ridiculous and I didn't feel like digging out the tripod. I decided to try it another night. Also the mosquitos were pretty bad. Maybe after we get a good frost and the bugs are gone I can spend more time outside at night with the tripod.

Both of these were handheld. You gotta love that Panasonic image stabilization.

My wife is my spotter (like a sniper-spotter team). She says, "Isn't the supermoon tonight?" I say yeah. She says, "We gotta go." I say it's too light out; we won't see jack. She was right. The moon was rising through the clouds.

We're driving home and seeing the last vestiges of the sunset. She says, "Let's go to the park and see what we can see." I'm thinking it's a waste of time. She was right again. The sunset was righteous, and I am amazed at what the FZ200 was able to capture.

Note to self (again): listen to wife.

Cheers, Jock

Back