Fuji Case for Fuji X100

Andrewteee

All-Pro
I've read through the various "case" posts for the X100 and did not find what I was looking for. I need a case for when I throw the X100 into another bag or backpack, anything not necessarily a camera bag. Any more leads on what might work to prevent dings, bangs and scratches? Something form fitting'ish. Tanks.

What I am noticing is that the bags which will fit are just too chunky (eg from Lowepro). I've decided against the leather case thats fitted, its not what I want and I find that they just get in the way. BB and I were discussing this and she pointed me at some camera bags, but they are more like messenger bags which when in use could also carry other gear. I'm contemplating those.

In the meantime, I think I am going to look for a generic case of suitable dimension which might not have been designed for a camera, necessarily, but which will do the job. I have a shoulderbag I use 99% of the time, and I am looking for something I can throw in there. I have various Case Logic brand cases for my other compacts... but so far havent looked for one for the Fuji, because I have made do with an elderly cassette tape player carrycase which is just a tad too small but which will do for now.

Hmm.... Maybe something like these? http://www.caselogic.com/search/index.cfm?N=4011+20044761

I'm using the KATA KT A16KS Mini Shoulder Bag which fits very well indeed... there's a belt version available which could be just what you're looking for.

Cheers

Brian

Maybe you're more after some sort of drawstring bag that you can easily slip on when it's time to throw it the bag? So it wouldn't have to be padded but just protect the LCD, etc., and keep it clean?

Here's what I think is a great alternative camera only case (or a lens case but we don't need no stinkin' lenses do we?:tongue:) - the Domke protective wrap: Amazon.com: Domke F-34L 19-Inch Protective Wrap (Red): Camera & Photo They come in a variety of sizes and are really quite good. I know I have one somewhere because I used to use it for my Leica X1. Andrew perhaps something like this would be up your alley?

Thats rather like the internal pouch of the Lowepro Terraclime. The link is to the Terraclime 100 but locally I can still get the 10 or the 50. The 100 might servve well as something to carry camera and also wallet, keys, phone, specs etc.
Lowepro - Terraclime 100

I use the Lowepro Apex 60 AW. The X100 fits fine with the filter adaptor, filter, snap on lens cover and wrist strap. You can carry it on your belt and it has a rain cover.

I think I am going to make my own, I can sew a bit and have made my own laptop sleeves before and little camera bags, so it's time to make one for my X-100 as I too am looking for something just to protect it a bit in my bag :)

After test fitting the x100 into every single thing the big camera store had, I settled on the Tamrac 5693, and I love it. It is just big enough to fit the x100 and its strap into - it fits snugly but it isn't a squeeze either - it is padded and secure, it has velcro to hold the flap closed without latching in between shots, it can be used with the strap or via the belt flap which means I can mount it on handlebars and backpacks, and the extra pocket fits a spare battery plus cards plus a Canon compact camera that does video better than the x100.

Small enough to chuck into a bigger bag, but also pretty rugged. Just enough space, and no more.

Tamrac - Model 5693 Digital 3

Back