Fuji Canon lenses on the XPro1

Boid

All-Pro
Name
Rajiv
Have some Canon lenses lying around?

Canon EOS EF mount lens to Fujifilm Fuji X-Pro1 XPro1 X Pro 1 FX Camera Adapter | eBay

On using an 85mm (135mm equiv)

X-Pro 1 with Canon EF 85mm lens (5 photos): Fujifilm SLR/X100 Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Bigger lenses look ridiculous, but hey it works.

Canon EF "L" lenses on Fuji X-Pro 1 (photos): Fujifilm SLR/X100 Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

The downside? Well apart from looking a bit touched in the head, MF only and here's the kicker, you need to pre-set the aperture on a Canon camera, since Canon has done away with the aperture control ring on their EF lenses.

Same Wife, Same Christmas Tree, New Lens Adapter

Another thread bump - Whimsically I just purchased this lens adapter - Amazon.com : Fotasy Canon EOS Lens to Fuji X-Mount X-Pro1 X-E1 adapter, with Build-in Aperture Ring : Camera Lens Adapters : Camera & Photo
since I have some Canon EF glass I use on my Canon 5D bodies. Ya know, the results were more impressive than I expected. Here's a shot , (Yup, same tree, same wife ;)), shot with the adapter and the inexpensive Canon EF 50/1.8 sometimes referred to as a disposable lens or as the "nifty fifty". The focus assist magnifying ability on the XE-1 was very helpful especially with the very limited depth of field.
I thought you might enjoy seeing the results.
. . . David

Attachments

• Darlene and the Christmas Tree - Canon 50-1.8.jpg
    Darlene and the Christmas Tree - Canon 50-1.8.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 298
Back