1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cancelling CC

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by Tim Williams, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Tim Williams

Tim Williams Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    How much does Adobe charge to cancel CC. I'm thinking of just going with Photoshop Elements along with Nik and Topaz Studio . I have Iridient Dev also.

2. Bobby Tingle

Bobby Tingle Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    If I remember correctly, half of the remainder of the time till renewal. So if you still have 8 months, they’ll charge you for 4 months.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Sounds good. I renew in June.

4. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    I have the latest Lightroom (not cc). I bought Luminar 2018 when it came out.
    I’ve only just started to use it and must admit I’m liking the results I’m getting from it. Although a long time Lightroom user, I seem to be able to get the results I’m after quicker and easier with luminar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    I'll look into that and yes Lightroom is still slow. I have almost stopped using it at all. Photoshop comes in handy but if Elements 18 has the tools I use the most that will cinch the deal. I don't batch edit, never have and don't see that happening in the future.

6. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    I still use Capture One. But I have added Affinity Photo and found it to be a great alternative to photoshop. May be worth a look, Tim.

7. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Thanks Bobby. I'll take a look at Affinity and Luminar.

• Like Like x 2
  8. davidzvi

davidzvi Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    My problem is I'm still looking for a DAM I like. The other parts of LR seem almost easy to replace by comparison.

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I canceled CC several months ago, use C1 for RAW, Affinity Photo as a Photoshop replacement, and don't really have a DAM that I like. Affinity Photo is excellent, but I sure do miss Photoshop.

10. davidzvi

davidzvi Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    Any particular thing? I haven't gone to the cloud, now on 6.14, and still on CS5. I really only use PS for photo merge; swapping eyes and smiles in portraits; and adjusting canvas size. I'm guess that if I move away form LR there may be more things that I might need a replacement to do, but I'm not sure.

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    It's a lot of little things. For example, if I sharpen in Photoshop, I can preview the effect and toggle it on/off while previewing. In Affinity Photo, there is something similar, but the preview is not instant, and there is a flash of blur while toggling that throws me off. Another little thing is that you can't apply autoadjustments and then fade the effect like you can in PS. I can accomplish the same thing with layer opacities, but it isn't as easy. There are lots of other small examples. I've also noticed that my plugins don't work as smoothly in Affinity Photo.

12. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Yep, as I move through the software jungle to try and escape Adobe's steely grasp, I feel resistance is futile. I am too attached to the work flow, and I'm too old and lazy to learn my way around a new system. At my age photography should be fun and easy and that's what I'm going to make it. May not be cheap but it's easy Lol. It was fun experimenting with new programs, but really there's free stuff out there that's pretty good if you just want cheap. Lightroom and Photoshop are very powerful tools that are getting easier to use every day.

• Like Like x 1
  13. davidzvi

davidzvi Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    I know the feeling, I've been using PS since v3 I think and LR since beta 1.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Biro

Biro Super Moderator

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I hear you. But I'm not going to the subscribe forever model. I'll make due with Apple's Photos app before I do that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    As long as my CC plan stays at 9.99 or whatever I guess I'll deal with it, and to think that years ago I did 90% of my edits in Picasa and stored my pics for free.

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I'm gonna re-sub to CC.

17. davidzvi

davidzvi Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    If they only did with a minimum contract or opt out fee to maintain full function I'd do it in a heart beat. Can the new versions of Classic export to an external application without the need to create another file?

18. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    I'm still trying out programs, but it's a 95% bet I will continue with Adobe. I am just too comfortable with my work flow there.

19. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Well one that has caught my interest is Alien Skin. It can use Drop Box for Cloud and is an Organizer also if I read this right. I have tried it on a few images and results were impressive with one caveat, if possible it may be as slow as the old lightroom.

20. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    I have been really happy with Capture One for the last few years. The only reason I kept CC is for the few things I needed which C1 couldn't do. In it's current form, C1 does everything I need now, except the occasional adding of text and making that look good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.