Fuji Cancelling CC

I have the latest Lightroom (not cc). I bought Luminar 2018 when it came out.
I’ve only just started to use it and must admit I’m liking the results I’m getting from it. Although a long time Lightroom user, I seem to be able to get the results I’m after quicker and easier with luminar.

I'll look into that and yes Lightroom is still slow. I have almost stopped using it at all. Photoshop comes in handy but if Elements 18 has the tools I use the most that will cinch the deal. I don't batch edit, never have and don't see that happening in the future.

I canceled CC several months ago, use C1 for RAW, Affinity Photo as a Photoshop replacement, and don't really have a DAM that I like. Affinity Photo is excellent, but I sure do miss Photoshop.

I canceled CC several months ago, use C1 for RAW, Affinity Photo as a Photoshop replacement, and don't really have a DAM that I like. Affinity Photo is excellent, but I sure do miss Photoshop.
Any particular thing? I haven't gone to the cloud, now on 6.14, and still on CS5. I really only use PS for photo merge; swapping eyes and smiles in portraits; and adjusting canvas size. I'm guess that if I move away form LR there may be more things that I might need a replacement to do, but I'm not sure.

Any particular thing?

It's a lot of little things. For example, if I sharpen in Photoshop, I can preview the effect and toggle it on/off while previewing. In Affinity Photo, there is something similar, but the preview is not instant, and there is a flash of blur while toggling that throws me off. Another little thing is that you can't apply autoadjustments and then fade the effect like you can in PS. I can accomplish the same thing with layer opacities, but it isn't as easy. There are lots of other small examples. I've also noticed that my plugins don't work as smoothly in Affinity Photo.

Yep, as I move through the software jungle to try and escape Adobe's steely grasp, I feel resistance is futile. I am too attached to the work flow, and I'm too old and lazy to learn my way around a new system. At my age photography should be fun and easy and that's what I'm going to make it. May not be cheap but it's easy Lol. It was fun experimenting with new programs, but really there's free stuff out there that's pretty good if you just want cheap. Lightroom and Photoshop are very powerful tools that are getting easier to use every day.

Yep, as I move through the software jungle to try and escape Adobe's steely grasp, I feel resistance is futile. I am too attached to the work flow, and I'm too old and lazy to learn my way around a new system. At my age photography should be fun and easy and that's what I'm going to make it. May not be cheap but it's easy Lol. It was fun experimenting with new programs, but really there's free stuff out there that's pretty good if you just want cheap. Lightroom and Photoshop are very powerful tools that are getting easier to use every day.
I know the feeling, I've been using PS since v3 I think and LR since beta 1.

Well one that has caught my interest is Alien Skin. It can use Drop Box for Cloud and is an Organizer also if I read this right. I have tried it on a few images and results were impressive with one caveat, if possible it may be as slow as the old lightroom.

I have been really happy with Capture One for the last few years. The only reason I kept CC is for the few things I needed which C1 couldn't do. In it's current form, C1 does everything I need now, except the occasional adding of text and making that look good.

Back