Sony Can man (or woman) live on a point and shoot alone?

So what's the definition of P&S? My DSLR was really only a P&S for me once a time ago. My M-E is a P&S now when I don't shoot wide open as I stop down and set the focus length that I want sharp and just point and shoot.

I don't think I could deal with two different bodies with two different controls. I couldn't when I had my Ricoh GXR. It would drive me crazy with I took the M mount off and put the 28mm autofocus module on as it then required digging into the menus or remembering what you had preset on the external buttons. Just drove me crazy.

The Mk II is almost there, but not quite yet imo. If the lens was faster at the long end, i.e. f2.8, it would be it and easily replace entry level mft and NEX set ups. Maybe the next X10 with a 1 inch size sensor will be it.

I don't think I could deal with two different bodies with two different controls. I couldn't when I had my Ricoh GXR. It would drive me crazy with I took the M mount off and put the 28mm autofocus module on as it then required digging into the menus or remembering what you had preset on the external buttons. Just drove me crazy.

I'm the opposite; I prefer to have different cameras to keep things interesting. Even my two Micro 4/3 cameras which share the same lenses are an Olympus and a Panasonic respectively.

I'm the opposite; I prefer to have different cameras to keep things interesting. Even my two Micro 4/3 cameras which share the same lenses are an Olympus and a Panasonic respectively.

I'm with you Nic - I love the variety. Mostly because different gear is better for different uses. I need different types of controls and responsiveness in a camera I'm using for street shooting than for shooting landscapes, and something different yet for doing portraits and longer shots. Image quality matters more for some things than others as well. I still have more than one lens for my OMD (although I probably use it with the same lens about 90% of the time), but all of my other focal lengths are covered either by fixed lens cameras or one ILC that I only have a single lens for, so its effectively a fixed lens camera now too.

-Ray

Back