Sony Can a ntsc rx100 mk2 switch to pal?

bobs

hello all

thinking of picking up a mark2 on a trip to vegas, was wondering if the ntsc versions (60i) can switch to pal 50i (i live in the uk)

in the user guide http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSCRX100M2_guide_EN.pdf
(change settings/pal-ntsc selector)

it states "This function is provided with 1080 50i-compatible devices only. It is not provided with 1080 60i- compatible devices. The 1080 50i-compatible devices have a "50i" mark on the bottom of the camera."

can anyone confirm this?

also, as an aside, is the hdmi out clean of overlays and full frame when in live view mode?

thanks

bob

If I've understood the manual correctly, the RX100 is supplied as either a 50i/50p device, or a 60i/60p device, depending upon the part of the world it's sold into. So if you buy a camera in the US, it will only ever record 60i/60p material.

The only option you're given is to play back 50i/50p material at 60i/60p via the HDMI connector. The reverse scenario of playing back 60i/60p material at 50i/50p doesn't seem to be supported - so no PAL playback mode for a camera bought in the US.

-R

hi richard, thanks for the reply, reading back i wasn't clear enough in my op (sorry)

its the recording not the playback i was after, the extra 10 frames is a bonus for stuff i want to slow down (60i)
but i would like the ability to switch to 50i as most of the stuff i export is 25fps

i have read that you can switch from ntsc to pal recoding on ntsc models but you have to reformat the card, I'm asking if anyone can confirm this

thanks

bob

If I've understood the manual correctly, the RX100 is supplied as either a 50i/50p device, or a 60i/60p device, depending upon the part of the world it's sold into. So if you buy a camera in the US, it will only ever record 60i/60p material.

The only option you're given is to play back 50i/50p material at 60i/60p via the HDMI connector. The reverse scenario of playing back 60i/60p material at 50i/50p doesn't seem to be supported - so no PAL playback mode for a camera bought in the US.

-R

Back