Bodycap lens "macro"

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
E-PL3 and 15mm F8.0 bodycap lens at close focus setting, plus lots of luck.

P1010824.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice capture. As much as I like the idea of that lens on my E-p3, I just don't see the image quality that I want, in the hundreds of shots posted in various places. It doesn't keep me from being tempted by the size and convenience. Must resist!

Thanks. I have my share of the more traditional "sharp" lenses in the m43 and x line-ups. but fell in love with the compactness of this lens, its simplicity (one aperture, two focus settings), and its FOV. That said, I have many photos that are very, very sharp with this lens (am admittedly not a pixel peeper or test chart reader, and realize others have different requirements). It is not at all a "LOMO' lens, and is great to shoot with.

Thanks. I have my share of the more traditional "sharp" lenses in the m43 and x line-ups. but fell in love with the compactness of this lens, its simplicity (one aperture, two focus settings), and its FOV. That said, I have many photos that are very, very sharp with this lens (am admittedly not a pixel peeper or test chart reader, and realize others have different requirements). It is not at all a "LOMO' lens, and is great to shoot with.

I completely agree with you on this. I find the IQ more than good enough, with the speed, simplicity, compactness and lightweight it makes a tough act to follow.
Love the image!

Back