Canon black images G7X Mark II

GianniB

Name
gianni baroni
Canon.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Randomly the screen of my new G7X mark II gets black. Only icons and values are shown. If I shoot a picture it is completely black. Do know what to do. I bought it just one day before departure for vacation and now I'm in Thailand and my camera works randomly. I tried to reset to factory settings using the menu tab nb 4, but it doesn't work... any idea?

Last edited:
Is it a display issue or is the screen going blank? If you take a picture and push the little arrow button (bottom right of camera, just to the left of the menu button) do you see a picture? The way it shows the photo information on your screen shot it seems like the display is not toggled to the position that shows the image on screen. Is there a camera store you can wander into and ask someone? Hope you get this fixed.

when you say "randomly", do you mean truly at random, or do any certain specific image files display as black every time while other images always display fine?

If you remove the lens cap and take 5 photos, can you play back those 5 images?

View attachment 124060
Is it a display issue or is the screen going blank? If you take a picture and push the little arrow button (bottom right of camera, just to the left of the menu button) do you see a picture? The way it shows the photo information on your screen shot it seems like the display is not toggled to the position that shows the image on screen. Is there a camera store you can wander into and ask someone? Hope you get this fixed.
If I take a picture (even if the screen is black), then i get a black picture. To me there is a connection problem between the sensor ad the
when you say "randomly", do you mean truly at random, or do any certain specific image files display as black every time while other images always display fine?

If you remove the lens cap and take 5 photos, can you play back those 5 images?
how can I remove the lens cap?

so sometimes it opens all the way and takes a photo and sometimes it gets stuck and you get a black frame....that makes sense. Should be easy enough to check. Power the camera on and make sure the lens cover opens all the way. Take a photo, then attempt playback.

1) It is more t'ha 24 hours the problem in permanent and no more randomly
2) lens cover works perfectly

I bought it 10 days ago via Amazon. They'll replace it with a new one rapidly... it's the beauty of Amazon!
Thanks to Luke and Bluzcity for the support

Back