Big Freeze image thread

It's amazing to see the stuff you're having to put up with over in the US and Canada. It's having an effect on us in the UK too - apparently the contrast between cold polar air and warm sub-tropical area is responsible for generating storms carried over here by the raging jet stream, which means we get constantly soaked and buffeted in 50degF+ weather. Not January-like at all....

Here in SW France it has been the wettest and warmest January for 120 years, (not sure the French can count that far back, but that's what they tell me).

The UK is virtually flooded

It is all because "you lot" over that side of "the pond" have diverted the jet stream south, (it is normally north of where it is this time of the year), and it keeps picking up moist air from the (warmer) part of the Atlantic and dumping it on "us"

Floods all over the place in the UK, and high winds too ………….. but I suppose we will still have a water shortage in summer and the usual warning of an August "hose pipe" ban

…………. so no snowy images from this side although the locals have warned me it is going to get cold mid Feb

C'est la vie!

Love them all, Milan!

I remember the crow's (raven's) breakfast scene...I hope you made a print of that one.

Your color image has a lovely old fashioned film feel.

My heart belongs to "Breakfast".

Robert, I can feel that icy coldness...just clicked through to your Flickrstream... You've got a more recent picture that has just blown me away. I hope you post it on SC...maybe you already have and I've missed it?

P.S. So sorry Mr. Bill about sending the screwed up weather over your way! Just so you know, I'm sick of winter...just getting over a foot of snow and it's still falling... Southern climes are beckoning!

Some shots from this morning. I got to ski to work again. Boston's being hit with about a foot of good solid stuff, great to ski on. What a beautiful commute that was.

3q62.jpg

mbe1.jpg

wpnb.jpg

7xtz.jpg

8ssd.jpg

xjdw.jpg

pz4g.jpg

25ri.jpg

Back