Sony Best memory for RX1R

Stu Jeffcoat

Name
Stu
Hi All. I just got my RX1R a few days ago second hand with an EVF, good grip etc. It has taken around 1,200 shots. Very excited as I am off to Buenos Aires end of this week for 2 weeks holiday - from NZ. I'm going to tak a lot of great (I hope) photos.

What are a few options for the best SD card in terms of both speed and size? And what size should I get? I am just looking at the trade-off between size and speed vs the price.

Also should I use the Zeiss UV filter as a lens protector or not? My brother inlaw says no - but...???

Thanks in advance - and a belated happy new year.
Stu

I've been using a 32 GB SanDisk Extreme SD card in my RX1 for three years. It has been fine, and large enough to easily hold all images from my various week-long vacations . . . but I don't know how prolific a shooter you are. When I travel, I also carry a 1TB Sanho Colorspace portable hard drive that I periodically use to back up my SD card. I don't delete any images from the SD card until I return home and am able to transfer them to my computer. Re the UV filter, I've had a B+W MRC UV filter on my RX1 since day one, plus a collapsible rubber lens hood. I sometimes think the UV filter increases flare slightly, but nevertheless I enjoy the (perhaps misplaced) peace of mind the UV filter provides.

Back