Back on the street!

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
Been a while since I intentionally hit the street specifically to shoot street, but.....today I dusted of my street vibe and headed to Brick Lane in East London. Felt the old excitement creeping back in to my bones. This is despite the pain caused to my ankles from swelling. I left home at 9am and got back at 8.30pm.

I enjoyed it, but my ankles are barking badly as I edit and post. Must do it again!

A small selection here:

22464086477_e9a1b736ac_b.jpg
Captured - Street Candid
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

22261184663_55476595d9_b.jpg
Street Candid Brick Lane-7.jpg

22856358886_ac2841b735_b.jpg
Street Candid Brick Lane.jpg

22856354606_144e35ef6a_b.jpg
Street Candid Brick Lane-5.jpg

22867848712_fc72c5bffc_b.jpg
Fag Hag and Family

22693230130_7ce2a9e453_b.jpg
Head Shot - London

I love the second and the last Pete - nice stuff as usual. I've sort of lost my street spark. When I find myself in a place where there are good street opportunities, I still go for it and usually get a few shots I like. But I rarely go into the city, or travel to other cities, specifically with street shooting in mind anymore. I think it was such a passion while I was trying to figure out HOW to do it. And the passion came through to some degree. Now I feel like I have the craft and technique of it pretty well nailed, but the art of it remains as elusive as ever. And the work/reward ratio with street is pretty tough - you have to be out there a LOT and really working at it to do it well and I just don't feel the commitment these days. I'm sure it's something I'll always do when I'm in the right situation for it, but I don't know if I'll ever pursue it with the single mindedness I had up until fairly recently...

Glad to see you're out there. If we ever find ourselves in the same area again, heading out for another day of shooting with you would be plenty of motivation to get the street juices flowing. I ought to get in touch with Don - haven't seen him in a while. THAT would surely get me going again, at least for a while...

-Ray

DSC00177-Edit.jpg

DSC00329-Edit-3.jpg

DSC00469-Edit.jpg

Probably posted these in the wrong place!

Thanks all for the comments, much appreciated.

I love the second and the last Pete - nice stuff as usual. I've sort of lost my street spark. When I find myself in a place where there are good street opportunities, I still go for it and usually get a few shots I like. But I rarely go into the city, or travel to other cities, specifically with street shooting in mind anymore. I think it was such a passion while I was trying to figure out HOW to do it. And the passion came through to some degree. Now I feel like I have the craft and technique of it pretty well nailed, but the art of it remains as elusive as ever. And the work/reward ratio with street is pretty tough - you have to be out there a LOT and really working at it to do it well and I just don't feel the commitment these days. I'm sure it's something I'll always do when I'm in the right situation for it, but I don't know if I'll ever pursue it with the single mindedness I had up until fairly recently...

Glad to see you're out there. If we ever find ourselves in the same area again, heading out for another day of shooting with you would be plenty of motivation to get the street juices flowing. I ought to get in touch with Don - haven't seen him in a while. THAT would surely get me going again, at least for a while...

-Ray

Thanks Ray, I guess the key for me is little and not too often.....to keep my interest going in that genre. Maybe for you too? to keep it fresh?

Due to the PD drugs, I am still compelled to take pictures and I find myself up in the early hours with camera on tripod shooting eggs, frozen peas, laundry baskets....anything... to feed the habit. Most times I enjoy it, but others times it bothers me that I climb out of a warm bed to pad across a cold kitchen floor at 3am with a camera and tripod in hand. The camera widow known as the Ever Fragrant Mrs T has given up trying to talk or beat me out of the compulsion.

The obvious irony is that the compulsion to take pictures may eventually be overwhelmed by the condition that compels me. Catch 22 if ever there was one.

But, hey...listen......I am enjoying the ride. I am doing something artistic. I never ever considered myself to be an artist; now I sell my work. It ain't a bad life is it!

I hope to come to NYC next year.....it would be a blast and a privilege to meet up with you and Don again.

Nice set....
and gallery sites....
It looks like you shot film with these.... it's easy to tell. :)
I also like street with TMax 400 over Tri-X though....

Back