Attention-seeking me.

That is good (and a relief) to hear!!

Thanks, everyone. Home now. Tom hates me, but is slowly settling in again (he's really OCD, HATES anything changing). Boy did I get a mouthful! Got some new meds to get next week then should be on the mend and enjoying life again.

What a weight off your mind! I have Lymphoedema in my right arm and noticed yesterday that it was hot in places and blotchy which necessitated a hasty visit to the doctor. He was running about 25 minutes late during which time I'd got myself hospitalised, dead and buried :eek: I left with a prescription for a week's antibiotics and felt a whole lot better when I could do something about it so I feel your relief Sue :)

What a weight off your mind! I have Lymphoedema in my right arm and noticed yesterday that it was hot in places and blotchy which necessitated a hasty visit to the doctor. He was running about 25 minutes late during which time I'd got myself hospitalised, dead and buried :eek: I left with a prescription for a week's antibiotics and felt a whole lot better when I could do something about it so I feel your relief Sue :)

Oh lord, I can imagine how you felt. Glad its all OK now :)

Isn't horrible what our fears do to us. Been there several times. One time I had just bought shoes, found out a simple test was going to become a biopsy because cancer was suspect, I refused to wear the new shoes until I knew I was going to be okay because I didn't want to add more expenses (funeral costs and all..) if wasn't going to be around to wear them. I'm still here-- so far anyway :)

Isn't horrible what our fears do to us. Been there several times. One time I had just bought shoes, found out a simple test was going to become a biopsy because cancer was suspect, I refused to wear the new shoes until I knew I was going to be okay because I didn't want to add more expenses (funeral costs and all..) if wasn't going to be around to wear them. I'm still here-- so far anyway :)

LOL Kristen, you do sound like me. I had become convinced if I bought another camera it would be the end of me. Wrong. Well, I didnt buy a new camera but I am not thinking like that now.

That must have been some scary and loooooooooong hours. Glad it is OK!

REdiscovered this thread today after >5 years. How times change. At the time of the angiogram I reported that I didnt need stents and then forgot to return to tell the rest. The cardiologist could see on the angiogram why they thought I had blockages, where in fact I had none. 5 years ago, my arteries were pretty clean for someone of my age. He was as surprised as I was. Anyway, Ive been seeing him now, every year, and having an echocardiogram. He's referred me to a trial study thats happening locally for a gadget that they insert in your heart. Mine is not pumping effectively, and its why I get really bad edema... I apparently dont have asthma at all. I just cant breathe at times. Anyway, what they do is make a hole in your heart between the two upper chambers (the atria) and insert this gadget so the hole doesnt close over. Its apparently about making the blood flow within the heart a bit less stressful, and getting more oxygen around the body. Im still waiting to hear if I will even be assessed for the trial. Oh well. In the meantime, a shedload of diuretics!! GAHHHHHHHH!!!
Here's the gadget: Aussie TGA takes forever to approve things (well, some things) and wants clinical trials done here, it wont necessarily accept results from other places.

Hopefully you won't need to do that but, if you do, here's the excuse to get a GoPro to attach to the handles to record hijinks. ;)

Bahahahahahah!!! I am looking for one that will allow it and so far havent found what I need :) I think Id have to get a helmet and attach it to that! Most of the scooters available in Oz have tillers... a strange name for the curved bars they think make it easier to drive. Ill be looking for something with bars and a throttle.

Did they give you a timeline on when to expect an answer on whether you've been accepted into the trial?

No, All I have is a copy of the cardiologist's referral. I have not even been offered an opportunity to be assessed for it. I should probably ring them, but before that I have other medical things to deal with. :-/

Back