Micro 4/3 At the Airshow with OMD and C-Elmar 90

Fun! What were you flying in when you photographed those jets from overhead?

My guess would be, given Swiss Air Force markings, he was probably on the mountainside looking down (or valley looking up with hills in the background)? I've seen amazing photos of one of the Swiss AF air shows where the audience is on the cliffside overlooking a deep valley, with their F-18s and F-5s actually come from below the audience and zooming up. Amazing stuff. See Flickr link for the Axalp Air show and Live Firing demo.

Flickr: The Axalp Military Airshow Pool

Retow, very nicely done conversions, and you've demonstrated great timing given your use of a manual focus Leitz lens. I especially like the one of the Patrouille Suisse F-5s going head-to-head.Beautiful detail and contrast as well on photo 1 of the DC-3.

Fun! What were you flying in when you photographed those jets from overhead?

I was standing at the airfield in a relatively narrow valley, but planes were flying upside down. Simply amazing what these pilots can do. As far as equipment was concerned, a long reach zoom and a sensor with more DR would have been nice. And as I have no experience with the OMD, I`m struggling in PP, its files can`t take a lot of abuse. A few more:

View attachment 7586

View attachment 7587

View attachment 7588

View attachment 7589

Back