aspiring photographer

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by davect01, Jan 2, 2011.

1. My name is Dave and I recently upgraded from a Point and Shoot to a Sony NEX.

In the past couple of years I have begun learning the tricks of taking good photography, and was at the point of wanting something better to take pictures with. However I was intimidated with the size, weight and complexity of the camera systems I saw. Not being a professional photographer who takes a trip or excursion, just to take photos I did not want to be laden down with gear everywhere I went. I wanted something light that I can have with me when we go places and that is what I love about the new smaller professional systems and the Sony NEX in particular.

In short, the NEX camera offers all I need to step up to nice pics, without the weight and complexity of larger systems.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Dave thanks so much for coming over here to join us - and for jumping right in with both feet! Welcome!:biggrin:

Since quite a few are still engaged in holiday activities or travels, things may be a bit slow here, but keep the faith because we've got some very helpful members onboard.:thumbup:

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Congrats on the new purchase - enjoy.

4. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello and welcome Dave from Holland. Congrats on your NEX.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.