Arches, Utah

pniev

Student for life
Sunrises and sunsets in the Arches are breathtaking. Unfortunately the weather spoiled our sunset when we visited the Windows section at the end of the day. The next morning we walked to Delicate Arch, which - unfortunately - is a sunset rather than a sunrise location. Although I bought the ebook “Photographing Arches” by Bret Edge no sunrise/sunset shots from this side. So I will definitely go back. Nevertheless, some shots taken (also posted at fujixspot)

p1678639000-5.jpg

p1667715889-5.jpg

View attachment 73945
View attachment 73946
View attachment 73947

Sometimes one's memory photos are the most meaningful, however it seems to me that you're still getting some good shots despite that less than perfect weather. That middle black and white with the two people is quite interesting to me. I really like the contrasts both tonally and subject wise... You were lucky that your friends (I'm assuming you were with them) were dressed the way they were - just perfect for black and white!

Sunrises and sunsets in the Arches are breathtaking. Unfortunately the weather spoiled our sunset when we visited the Windows section at the end of the day. The next morning we walked to Delicate Arch, which - unfortunately - is a sunset rather than a sunrise location. Although I bought the ebook “Photographing Arches” by Bret Edge no sunrise/sunset shots from this side. So I will definitely go back. Nevertheless, some shots taken (also posted at fujixspot)

p1678639000-5.jpg

p1667715889-5.jpg

View attachment 73970
View attachment 73971
View attachment 73972

Great shots from a fascinating place

Sometimes one's memory photos are the most meaningful, however it seems to me that you're still getting some good shots despite that less than perfect weather. That middle black and white with the two people is quite interesting to me. I really like the contrasts both tonally and subject wise... You were lucky that your friends (I'm assuming you were with them) were dressed the way they were - just perfect for black and white!

Thanks BB, I wish I could say they dressed up for the occasion but I was just lucky.

Back