Sony Arca style bracket for the RX100?

zx7dave

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has seen or uses a Really Right Stuff / Kirk Enterprises style Arca bracket with their RX100? It is not that often it happens, but occasionally I like to put mine in my travel tripod witch has the Really Right Stuff bullhead (Arca quick release mount)..tripod is also helpful when I do video and want to travel light. I understand the discussion that the threaded tripod mount it too close to the battery cover so you can no longer access the battery and card, and to be honest this is not a issue since you can charge the battery in-camera as well as download. So while I'm not interested in making the camera any larger than it has to be I really would not mind a bracket or L-bracket to be able to tripod mount as well as add a little protection to the body against accidental dropping etc...any thoughts?

Look up the BX10-L on the Really Right Stuff website, this was the L-Bracket I bought for my Fuji X20. This is the style I am looking for. I have no interest in a generic BPnS plate. But I do appreciate your looking/help. Kirk Enterprises does not offer one either. So if one is to be found it would likely be a Chinese knock-off from eBay where I would be concerned about the fit/quality. Hopefully with there now being a third version of this camera Really Right Stuff will step up and make one...

Back