Anyone want to join in another challenge - "The Single in...."?

That's just fine Bill, whenever you can load them up. It'd be great to have you on-board. The main thing here is taking a photo a day....and with your holidays coming up this shouldn't be a problem....though we'd be expecting big things armed with such leisure time ;)

so just to reconfirm

it is one lens, (the same to be used for every image but if it's a Zoom all available focal lengths can be used)

- so it could be, for example

a G1, (or other M43), with a 20/1.7
a G1 with the 14 45 kit zoom
a Canon S95, (or other Compact), - using the zoom facility if desired
a M8 with a fixed MF lens

Cheers

Yep any single body and lens. Zoom's fine. The objective is that you really get to know that single piece of kit for the entire month....rather than dreaming of the next "if only I had...then I could" magic collection of glass and metal.

Bill, word on the street is, you could use the X100 also...
I'm just sayin'....

I'm dyslexic - so can't spell it

and I stutter - so the salesman would give me the wrong camera - or maybe two or three of the same camera, and that would annoy my wife

and you can't take the lens off, (I tried in the shop - must take a bigger wrench!!!), so I'd have nothing to play with

and I only like "black" rangefinders and black "pseudo rangefinders"

- and I've lost my roll of black tape

and finally, (for now)

and I'm ONLY just saying

that I think there is a nice all black M something P that has just been released - I can screw or even bayonet a lens on the front and will not have to worry about the "red thing" falling off

Ahhhh, M9P.... You dare not Bill.....
The X100 firmware update #31...
using the X100, the mind thinks it's an M9P...

I also get delirious sometimes - I think it's the summer heat, or my age

Oh, and why, and I'm only just asking, does this Fuji woogie X100 "thingy" get it's own tab on the menu bar

Bill, do you and the boss a favor. Get the X100.
You won't regret it, neither will she. Then, you'll understand the magic tab on top.
Bill, being not a young man myself, I know what makes us old coots happy.
You, and your images would benefit from this camera.

I just got so many cams - I need to get the use out of those - but I need the M43 stuff for "this" - the S95 for "that" and the M8 for "the other" and my Nikon DSLR for when I realise that I should have used that anyway - we live in the country, so it's easy to use the D300 if I want to take a few shots of "whatever"

can't see any cam improving my images - my eyes are not getting any better and I'm too old in the tooth

Maybe if I was "States side" I'd feel easier about buying one, as your prices are much lower, (for everything!!!), that here in Europe

Good luck

Oh, and why, and I'm only just asking, does this Fuji woogie X100 "thingy" get it's own tab on the menu bar

Because of the level of interest/activity. If we get a whole bunch of posting activity about a camera/system, it gets a tab ;).

Everyone ready for kick-off tomorrow? What are you all using?
I'm going with the Elmar 24/3.8 on the M8. I have only used the lens a handful of times so am really looking forward to getting acquainted with it.

Cheers,
Sam

Happy 1 July!!! So it has finally arrived.....well for us Aussies anyway and it will come around soon enough for our US, UK and other 'backward' international brethren ;) - whom I can assure will be a cracker of a day having tasted in for an hour or so myself (y)

So if you're keen on this Single in July challenge then please start polishing up your weapon for the month - and maybe apply some Loctite on that lens if you're using a dSLR and feel you might stray ;)

Again the rules are simple, take one photo for every day of the month with the same single camera/lens combination (a fixed compact or zoom is fine). Then just post your images into the Gallery that Don (Streetshooter) will set up shortly whenever you get the chance - so there is time enough for PP if you so desire.

Be great to have as many folks a possible on-board (though Amin might not agree considering last month's bandwidth issues) as history has shown that the challenge not only builds your relationship with your gear and sharpens your eye to the world, but also can build some great lasting relationships...which is not surprising because things will get tough and having that support group will prove invaluable.

If you can't stretch for the month, then please feel free to follow our Gallery, post comments and egg us on :clapping:

Happy July all!!!

P.S., just for the record I am locking in the Pentax K-r with FA31....

I actually just had a good photo walk after work! But alas I am on GMT, so they don't count :p

Here's what I would have uploaded if I were Australian

5888472909_5a3b0e9efe_z.jpg

Anyway, I've got my weapon of choice Leica M8 & 50mm Sonnar :)

I'm in. The only question is x100 or GXR/28. I'm more intuitive with the GXR; haven't bonded with the x100 yet (though I love its images!) That says to me that I should get to know the x100 and really see....

Which I will do, except, I've had an inquiry about buying it from me. If that should happen, I'll switch back to the GXR. (And if anyone else wants to make inquiries, the situation is still fluid...)

But if I'm barred from continued participation on a technicality, I guess I'll just accept that and keep on making daily pictures on my own! :)

Cheers, Irenaeus

Thanks, BB (but I really wasn't worried that y'all'd be that nitpicky!)

Looking forward to what the challenge brings out of each of us,

Irenaeus

Here's the Gallery for all you hard working fine folks. You will see it on the Gallery Page under Members Gallery....

https://www.photographerslounge.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=607

Happy 1 July!!! So it has finally arrived.....well for us Aussies anyway and it will come around soon enough for our US, UK and other 'backward' international brethren ;) - whom I can assure will be a cracker of a day having tasted in for an hour or so myself (y)

So if you're keen on this Single in July challenge then please start polishing up your weapon for the month - and maybe apply some Loctite on that lens if you're using a dSLR and feel you might stray ;)

Again the rules are simple, take one photo for every day of the month with the same single camera/lens combination (a fixed compact or zoom is fine). Then just post your images into the Gallery that Don (Streetshooter) will set up shortly whenever you get the chance - so there is time enough for PP if you so desire.

Be great to have as many folks a possible on-board (though Amin might not agree considering last month's bandwidth issues) as history has shown that the challenge not only builds your relationship with your gear and sharpens your eye to the world, but also can build some great lasting relationships...which is not surprising because things will get tough and having that support group will prove invaluable.

If you can't stretch for the month, then please feel free to follow our Gallery, post comments and egg us on :clapping:

Happy July all!!!

P.S., just for the record I am locking in the Pentax K-r with FA31....

Back