Leica Anyone shooting Leica R on film?

asiafish

All-Pro
Name
Andrew
I've been thinking about picking up a Leica R body and lens to give it a try. Always liked the R6 and for different reasons the R3. Anyone have one they don't want anymore?

In the mid 90's, I used a R4s,and eventually the R6 and R6.2. Never did warm up to the body style of the R8 & 9. I still love the design of that body style. Never used the R3 but almost bought a SL2 just recently. The bodies are reasonably priced now a days but many of the good lens are actually expensive still.

Merry Christmas.

Vince

New here. I am, have a gorgeous old SL (black) and the original 50 Summicron. Love it.
In a recent bout of GAS I bought a nice used M6 and the 50 Summicron plus a 28 Elmarit. This means I now have parallel systems, and to be honest I prefer the shooting experience of the SL.
Yes it's bigger, and heavier, but I like the SLR style, especially the WYSIWYG of the V/F.
I'm sorely tempted to turn the M6 and 50 plus 28 into a couple of R lenses.
GAS is a pain, really is.
Gary

New here. I am, have a gorgeous old SL (black) and the original 50 Summicron. Love it.
In a recent bout of GAS I bought a nice used M6 and the 50 Summicron plus a 28 Elmarit. This means I now have parallel systems, and to be honest I prefer the shooting experience of the SL.
Yes it's bigger, and heavier, but I like the SLR style, especially the WYSIWYG of the V/F.
I'm sorely tempted to turn the M6 and 50 plus 28 into a couple of R lenses.
GAS is a pain, really is.
Gary
So... how do you deal with the old summicon and the series vi for filters and hood?

Back