Anyone in the LA area looking for a Coolpix A for $500?

I plan to own one of these in the near future, having now been able to handle both, I just cant pick between the two. I feel like the GR will win out for me, simply due to being smaller and cheaper.

The A and the GR are outstanding cameras with excellent sensors and optics. Don`t ask me to rationalize it, but somehow I slightly prefer the files I got out of the A and also believe I could hold the camera steady at lower shutter speeds than the GR. Maybe the extra weight of the Nikon helped to better stabilize it. Around the USD 500 price point, the cost of a decent 28mm lens, the A or GR are real bargains imo. It`s amazing how quickly prices of cameras drop these days.
Obviously, being an early adopter is stupid. But I said this before and still can`t hold back when I get the itch:(

Decision made, thanks Serhan! For some reason i really wanted to like the A more, but size and feel in hand pushed more towards the GR. For me the GR is the right size for a pocket cam, the nikon A is just the wrong side of to big. Also it is nice to know that Ricoh will probably continue to offer filmware updates. In a lot of ways the A is better, it really does seem like a higher quality product and in my mind certainly worth more than the GR, but i highly doubt there will be filmware updates. Its a real shame it seems like nikon might never pursue this concept again

Back