Anyone having problems with flickr?

Name
Andy
On my iMac Flickr has always been super fast but recently it has slowed down to crawling pace. I have buzzed around the net but theres not much that I can find.

My iPad always struggles with flickr and has for the past year or so to the point where most images just won't load.

There are no decent alternatives that are like flickr :(

Anyone else having similar problems?

The last couple of days I've noticed that some linked Fickr images here are reluctant to load. I just get a [X] symbol where a picture should be. Refreshing the page normally works.

This is with Win7 and IE11.

-R

I have just re-booted my iMac to upgrade iTunes and it's still the same. No matter what I try it's still sloooooow. I Will have a look at 500px and Youpic to see if they are slow too. If they are then it's me!!

Flickr has been very slow for me for few months now. It's not always but when it is, it's usually bad enough so that I just try again later.
I don't have any logging issues though.

I haven't had any problems with it although I've seen linked images take a little while to show up from time to time. I think that's gotta be on their end, though, not mine....on the iPad, I've been using FlickrStackr for years and never had any issues with it...

-Ray

I see their site as erratic for sure. But not consistently slow. It'll be slow for a day or two and then back to normal. A website of that size should NOT be like that. There's no excuse for them to have issues. I suppose we need to sit through one of Bill's rants again now about the superiority of ipernity. :drama:

Someone call? :D

Let me summarise.

Flickr ruined. Run into ground. Investment slashed. Ripe for major security breach. Turned into Faceache lite. Advertising inserted. If you are not paying for the product you are the product. Marissa Meyer incompetent and out of touch. Yahoo evil. Did I mention Yahoo evil?

Ipernity good. Ipernity like Flickr used to be. Ipernity communities friendly. Ipernity owners listen and respond. No adverts. Good performance. No downtime. Just works. Bill happy. :cool:

Back