Anyone ever test an RX100 vs. Fuji X10?

wt21

Hall of Famer
Would be curious on sharpness, high ISO and DR.

Thinking about the X20. I like the technology, and the RX100 is a little difficult to control/adjust, but the RX100 is such a nice size!

I think somewhere (sorry I don't have a link) the RX100 and X10 were compared and on pure, measurable sharpness, at least in the center, the Sony beats the Fuji, but I remember that the Fuji is more consistent across the frame, and it's plenty sharp for my money. The Fuji has an optical viewfinder, and some sort of eye level finder is a must for me, so the Sony was not even on my list of finalists, despite the larger sensor. The X20 is supposed to be about 30% sharper, so it may well come close to closing the resolution gap.

For me the X10 beats almost everyone in the fun factor. One to one on measurable variables is one thing, but the X10 is capable of producing stunning images, is a blast to use, has an eye-level finder -- and is way nicer looking than the Sony.:D

The lens is also much faster at the long end.

I think I've shown my bias, but I'll count on others with different points of view to balance my remarks out.

Would be curious on sharpness, high ISO and DR.

Thinking about the X20. I like the technology, and the RX100 is a little difficult to control/adjust, but the RX100 is such a nice size!

I am considering either of these as a walk around pocketable camera. Leaning towards RX100 for its size but worried too about its handling and usability.:confused:

Back