any New Year's resolutions?

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I don't usually do these. But I have a few this year.

1. Start using Lightroom
2. Even though I love available light photogrpahy, I WILL learn how to use flash
3. lose 15 pounds
4. find an in-camera combination of settings that I love and quit over-processing everything
5. quit buying and selling so many cameras and take more photos

what are yours?

1. Learn to use Photoshop properly.

2. Not stay up so late on Saturday nights watching premier league football so I can then wake up earlier on Sundays to go take some photos.

3. Less time spent renovating on my long weekends, instead taking little weekend trips with friends to nice places.

4. No more significant purchases and start saving for my January 2014 snowboard trip to Mt Baker.

5. Photograph my family more.

6. Make a "my first year in photography" photobook.

Lose weight (again!)
go back to the gym (not going has resulted in the weight gain)
Go back to dessert only on the weekends.
Spend less time sitting in front of a computer, even doing photo processing.
Spend more time in a darkroom -- where I know what the hell I'm doing.

Those are all doable. I won't resolve to stop buying and selling photo gear because I doubt any such resolution would take, and because I enjoy doing it too much.

1. Quit smoking (for good)

2. Lose some weight (though this might be on my New Year's resolution permanently every year :tongue:)

3. Take more photos and buy less gear

4. Travel more

5. Be more critical of the images I shoot.

1. Quit smoking (for good)

2. Lose some weight (though this might be on my New Year's resolution permanently every year :tongue:)

3. Take more photos and buy less gear

4. Travel more

5. Be more critical of the images I shoot.

Speaking first hand, if you take care of number one, the rest are a LOT easier. Man, I LOVED to smoke. Not much will kill you faster.

Yeah, I really need to stop permanently, I have done so in the past, which lasted 3 months, 5 months, etc.. It's been almost 1 month now since I just went cold turkey, and I'm resolute to quit for good, it's quite hard I have to say, I'm not known for my self control, I think this also explains GAS in my case.

Bite my tongue more often.:flypig:

I'm actually serious.

I will try to think of some things more in terms of geological time (as in will this really matter hundreds of thousands of years from now?).

Illegitimi non carborundum and remember that life is too short and I'd rather make the most of it.

Definitely take more photographs of people and animals I know and love.

I stopped several times, sometimes for up to 11 months, but never made a year until this time. It's been 18 months this time, and I'm hoping that means "for good". And I'm still less heavy now than when I stopped, though not by any means svelte. Good luck.

1. Try and get more enthusiastic about shooting in Washington. It's a bit bland visually compared to previous places and I'm doing very little shooting here.
2. Try to get a photobook done (third year in a row for this one).
3. Buy more photobooks -visit more photogalleries.

1. Never smoke again (top of my list every year... I'm now halfway through year 5)
2. Lose weight (second on my list every year... )
3. If you cant do #2, at least dont put any on (succeeding so far)
4. Take more care of health
5. Leave the house more often
6. Take more photographs.
7. Stop spending money you dont have on things you dont need, Sue!!

1. Buy as much photo gear as I can afford this year - limited to stuff I want of course - not just buying it for sport. I'm just tossing this out to be a contrarian... And because its gonna happen anyway, so I may as well COMMIT to it!!!

2. Spend as much time in Italy this summer as possible.

3. Learn a bit of Italian between now and then.

4. Keep shooting and hopefully find some new directions as well as refining what I'm already comfortable doing.

5. Don't take any of this stuff too seriously.

-Ray

I don't usually do these. But I have a few this year.

1. Start using Lightroom
2. Even though I love available light photogrpahy, I WILL learn how to use flash
3. lose 15 pounds
4. find an in-camera combination of settings that I love and quit over-processing everything
5. quit buying and selling so many cameras and take more photos

what are yours?

Luke

you are a little early - get into the festive spirit before you commit yourself

Back