Any hobbies besides of photography?

I do a lot of music stuff. Playing, listening, writing, going to various live things, just now mostly applying theory in real time to stuff on the radio with running commentary whilst operating... it drives my nurses daft. I did some recording a few years ago and have just recorded a couple of songs for a charity album, I don't actually have a copy of that though! I'm hoping to get it soonish. Until then I have some older stuff here: Heather McCabe | Folk from Glasgow, UK
Nothing of me and my first love though, the saxophone. I have a Selmer Mark VI Baritone sax who is just a dleight. Like an old car she has ticks and dings, and sometimes you have to ask her really nicely to do stuff, unlike my very eager Yamaha 62 alto which is live and springy. But due to volume levels, I mostly hang out with an acoustic guitar called Laurie, a Blueridge. She is so pretty.

I love kites too, I've got four now and they are great fun. I always have one in the car.

Heather, I really enjoyed listening to those tracks - beautiful! I've sent the link to your Reverb Nation page to an old friend of mine who is very into folk music, he writes a few little things of his own now and then so he'll love those. Thanks for posting that and next time we're up north of the border I'll drop you a pm to ask if you're playing anywhere if you don't mind, I'd really like to see you play live.

D :)

when i'm not using my camera, or doing my job, i like to play percussion in small acoustic projects... (freelance based)

I play all kinds of acoustic/electronic hand percussion, mostly my cajon kit , its just like my EX1, small but it does the job.....

th_SAM_0631.jpg

<iframe src="Skin to Skin" width="240" height="160" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Walking with my dog and possibly my husband if I can get him to join me, which is too rare... I really enjoy the outdoors. If I lived near the ocean in summer, I'd be swimming in it as often as possible. Many years ago I did all sorts of artwork, but my photography is my artistic outlet. Oh - and I love to read.:D

Nice work with the pens. I love the attitude of hack it better. Have you discovered sugru yet? It's my go to stuff now for most little jobs. I haven't touched my camera with it though!

I always admire people who can draw, it's something which escapes me. My best pal is an artist, I watch her squiggle a line and suddenly it's a dynamic portrait.

Until it took its toll on my shoulder, I used to enjoy archery. I had a nice 38lb recurve bow and my son had a compound. We went along every week or more to our local club. The winter clout shoot was my favourite event although I was starting to get into standard longer distance shoots (80 yds or so). When I retire I may well get a compound and start up again. Nowadays I like to walk as much as possible - the wife & I aim for at least 12 miles a week (although I worked out we did 13 miles walking round Edinburgh at the weekend, q.v.....)

Martin the compound is an interesting idea. Hope you get around to doing it.
I have a lighter bow that I use these days since I don't shoot regularly enough to still use the 115lb war bow in the picture, but I still have to be careful at 80lbs and, like you, my shoulder does gat bad sometimes.
What I do now to avoid the repetition injuries is not practice between shoots, and ironically my scores have improved :rolleyes:

I play guitar, sing, and mostly try to find more time to build more guitars (which I think I'm better at than playing them). Mostly acoustics these days:

ban14.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But also electrics (an older build, almost 8 years ago, made as a wedding gift for a friend; I've finished very few guitars since then due to having a job and all that):
pat_finished01.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And I do a bit of general woodworking as well, although the 'no time' thing gets in the way of that too. Hoping to finish off the dining room table sooner rather than later, before the GF kills me, currently laminating the top and getting ready to glue up the legs.

I live in rural Virginia, and I am a bit more cautious hiking during deer hunting season. Like many locations in the US, we have bow season, followed by black powder (Muzzleloader) season, followed by rifle season. I like to think of them all as Kevlar season.

used to cycle and hike. nothing serious with the whole outfit, though. don't have any time for it these days. i've always wanted to take up rock climbing. maybe someday when i never have to work again. right.. lol.

(Sent from another Galaxy - Tapatalk.)

Back