Birds Another Wild Turkey morning

It's just a real pleasure, to look out the window, and see them around the house. Yesterday, I saw them twice. Once as I came outside, they "drifted" back into the woods, guardedly looking back, to make sure I wasn't a serious threat. No panic. Later, when I was walking in the woods, on the opposite side, where the feather was, they "flushed" about 150 yards from me, and flew around to the opposite side again. Quite a sight, to see 20 to 30 huge birds. take off through the trees, "climbing out". The wings, make a lot of noise, with their large wing span beating the air, through the trees.

That happened to me once at my dad's place in Florida. Walking through the woods, when suddenly WHOOSH - big flapping commotion, gigantic wingspans flapping up through pine trees, and I swear a few landed in the branches.

I have really enjoyed our stay here for nearly 3 years. We have the RV parked right near some woods. My desk sets sideways to the big tinted window (which puts the window right by my shoulder), so that birds, deer, turkey, squirrels, rabbits , etc., can't see in. The narrow lower panel cranks out, just enough to allow me to ease the camera out and take pics. I don't use long lenses much anymore, so don't try to do long shots. Decided, that when I can't reach out, just forget the camera , and enjoy the view.
We will be moving, in a couple months, to a large farm house, with no woods close by, except for some HUGE Maple trees in the large yard. It's surrounded by corn fields. So different photo opportunities.

Back