Another Vermont Motocamping trip

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by KillRamsey, Jul 29, 2013.

1. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    As I've done before, I went with friends by motorcycle up to VT for the weekend to go camping in the middle of nowhere. I didn't get any great pictures this time, for a variety of reasons... should've brought a real tripod, spent all day in the saddle instead of shooting, moon was bright so it blocked star light pretty early in the evenings, etc etc. But I got a few that people might like to see. The humble X100 continues to be a quiet, unobtrusive, trusty travel partner.

My perennial motocamping cohort, Chris.
    [​IMG]

Our friend Ian's bike, lit mostly by firelight and for one quick 1/2 second flash of my headlamp. Exposure was about 20 seconds I think, and I had to use a tiny 3" tripod which was NOT very steady with that floppy, heavy X100 on it. I did what I could to pull some shots in.
    [​IMG]

Soup and beer, hand-held shot. Loved the headlamp flare...
    [​IMG]

A rest break on a picnic table, during a day of 9 hours of riding.
    [​IMG]

SOOC jpg showing off the Fuji's fantastic IQ (if I do say so myself).
    [​IMG]

Exposure was around 1/15, I think? I told him to hold still and it worked out.
    [​IMG]

Shooting star.
    [​IMG]

And finally, that drowsy last half hour before hitting the sack. Cheers, all.
    [​IMG]

2. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Great stuff. Any more bikes ? Ive been after shooting stars for ages. They always show up when the shutter shuts :mad:

3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Other 2 bikes were my Yamaha FZ6 and Chris's Triumph Thruxton.

[​IMG]

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that last one almost reminds me of an old "Tonight, let it be Lowenbaru" advert.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3oUBaCyXWNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>