Announcing LeicaPlace.com

Amin

Hall of Famer
LeicaPlace (LP) is a new site/forum for Leica users.

While there are some great Leica communities on the web already, some of the larger ones can at times get pretty grumpy. Our goal is to create a kinder, friendlier place for Leica users to hang out.

The forum index is structured to include all Leica-related gear, whether it's the latest digital Leica M, a Bessa using the Leica Screw Mount, or a Panasonic LX7 using a Leica lens.

Hope everyone using or interested in Leica gear will check out the new place!

the guy from whom I bought my X100 told me the wrist strap is a Leica one, although it doesn't have any logos or markings... does that count?:rolleyes:
Congrats on yet another member to the SC family though! May it live long and prosper like the others!

Well, I'm going to have to join, I guess. My Leica holdings are pretty slim, and mostly old, but I enjoy them. Surely there will be others enjoying the antique section of the new forum.

Starting the new forum has been an interesting experience from the standpoint of getting the word out. I asked one well known blogger if he'd be willing to sell me an ad space, and he said he's not into "promoting competitors". I never would have thought of him as a competitor. I've linked to his blog before, and if he sent me a press release for something special on his site, I'd be glad to post it for free.

I've asked a few others in this space if they'd be willing to pass the word along. As always, 1001 Noisy Cameras was happy to help out. Very much appreciated. Hopefully one or two of the others will come through as well. These are sites which I link to regularly. Send lots of traffic their way. I don't get the whole "competitor" thing. It's not like this is a zero sum game!

Back