Animals "Animals"

Your possums Down Under are a heck of a lot cuter than ours here in North America! Love the expression, Peter. What's the story...were you just out walking around with your camera one night? Heard a noise?

Took a while to get you your post. He just looks like your guys. He is a Brushtail Possum and they are common on the east coast of Australia and some of the moister bits elsewhere on the north and west. They like hanging around people because they can scavenge food from bins and out of pet bowls etc.

This guy was just eating from the dropped rubbish in a waiting area at Jenolan Caves as I came wandering back from a night stroll.

While they may look cute, they are not cute if you have to live with them. My house is in a bushy area close to a nature reserve and they are frequent visitors. Let’s just say they are very dirty and, at times, very noisy. They also eat my cat’s food if it is left out overnight. They are a protected species as they were once endangered.

5653895477_8fd5dac9d0_z.jpg

iPhone

Was going to throw this one in the "It does sport too", but thought it was a bit of a stretch. But it does show that the X100's AF isn't that shabby after all. This dog of mine was travelling at a very decent clip....and I thought I'd give f4 a go just to test the limits. This was one of two shots taken and both were pretty spot on. Have I said lately how much I'm loving this little Fuji :cloud-9-039:
6139862532_ae183b61ee_b.jpg

Peggy's a boundin' by stillshunter, on Flickr

I don't know how it is that I keep missing so many thread that have new entries, but I have been - and this is one of my favorites!

Don, I swear I saw your sleeping NEX cat earlier but not here... I hope she is safe and warm at home tonight.

Mark - I love the joy in this one of your bounding friend! And Michael, yours is delicately beautiful...I'll have to see if I can figure out which camera you were using - beautifully framed!

Here is a portrait of a family from The Sheffield Fair in Massachusetts...a small town fair in the Berkshire mountains.

View attachment 42194
Fuji X100

I'm in love, Heather - smitten to the core. I'm only sorry that we don't live next door so our dogs could romp together!

Tom, you've got yourself a stunning Halloween cat - slick and elegant!

First off these photos were taken with my Sony A55 (compact by the allowed SC definition). The lens on the other hand was not compact. I've always wanted to try the BIG lens so I got a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8. I was testing it on subjects that I don't need waivers from.

The first image is lightly adjusted in post - I'm thinking it shows off the lens quite well ... I might be biased though because if I got a dog, it would be a collie - although a Siberian husky is a close second.

The other 2 images were heavily cropped from the 200mm original but they were fun.

20111029-_DSC0646.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20111029-_DSC0657.jpg

20111029-_DSC0651.jpg

Kevin, that collie sure looks like a Shetland Sheepdog - a 25 plus pound version of a collie, which is the breed I have and they are quite similar to collies. Either way, he or she is very handsome trotting along that path! The portrait of the Labrador with his branch, as opposed to stick, is perfect - and your focus area worked out beautifully, too. But that running wired hair Dachshund has so much joie de vivre - his exuberance is so clear that the image made me break out into a big grin and I haven't been awake all that long yet! All three are great fun to see!

I'm thinking you like your big lens very much.(y)

6297642499_73a31810d3_o.jpg

My little flat gecko visitor 1 by peterb666, on Flickr

I don't know how long geckos live, but this guy turns up in my garage about once or twice a year and stays for around a week each time. He use to hiss at me if I got too close, now he will even let me touch him.

Taken with an Olympus E-P3 and Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom set to 42mm using a camera mounted Nissin Di466 Four Thirds flash with built in diffuser and bounce card. Distance to subject about 0.25m

Thanks BB, I knew I could count on you for identifying them there dogs! It was interesting to people / dog watch at the park and see how the dog personalities reflect their owners.
Kevin, that collie sure looks like a Shetland Sheepdog - a 25 plus pound version of a collie, which is the breed I have and they are quite similar to collies. Either way, he or she is very handsome trotting along that path! The portrait of the Labrador with his branch, as opposed to stick, is perfect - and your focus area worked out beautifully, too. But that running wired hair Dachshund has so much joie de vivre - his exuberance is so clear that the image made me break out into a big grin and I haven't been awake all that long yet! All three are great fun to see!

I'm thinking you like your big lens very much.(y)

Peter, you are the new Gecko Whisperer. Well, at least this gecko looks happy unlike that cute but rather sad little fellow that nikki, you have photographed being pulled along behind his or her owner.

Back