An XP1 explores Olympic National Park

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by pec, Aug 2, 2013.

1. pec

pec Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Hi everyone,

Last year I used nothing but my Nikon V1 to explore Alberta A Chance Encounter | Western Alberta

This year I used my X Pro with basically two lenses (18-55 and a nikon 105/4 macro).

A Chance Encounter | Washington State

Which do I like better - BOTH

But for pure enjoyment taking pictures - I like the Fuji much better. That being said if I need to do wildlife or fast moving grandkids, the V1 reigns supreme.

It's telling that I haven't shot my D700 in over a year.

I appreciate comments and suggestions :)

Thanks!

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    nice photos Paul.....it reminds me that I'm overdue for a vacation

3. Very nice!

4. Nice shots, Paul, but you know, I really liked your Western Alberta set :)

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Very nice work! Kind of my old stomping ground - I went to school in Olympia and lived for years in and around Seattle and did a bit of camping and exploring on the Peninsula. I really like the shots out at Ruby Beach with the sea stacks. Many a cold night camping out there. And some amazingly wet nights camping in the Hoh Rain Forest just inland from there. Beautiful country though.

-Ray

6. pec

pec Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Me too, no comparison in my mind - probably unfair of me to make a value statement against the XP1 - Alberta is a tad more target rich :)

7. pec

pec Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    The beaches are amazing - I wish we would have had more than 1 sunset during the 7 days. The rest of the time we had heavy cloud banks.

We had a nice house rented in MoClips on the beach - a nice relaxing trip with a few photo ops tossed in :)