Agonising.

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Name
Garry
Today I spent half an hour deciding what camera to take on my walk.
a7r + 3 primes
GX8 + 12-35
Ricoh GR
GoPro Hero 4

I made my decision. Then 15 minutes deciding what jacket to wear !
I used to be indecisive, but now i"m not so sure.

Does anyone else suffer the same decisions ?

Whatever happens to be in my Lowepro Adventura TLZ20 Mk. II is what gets taken on the road. It's always interesting, because it could be the 18-55 OIS, the Zeiss 32 or the 56/1.2. Makes for an interesting time because I don't have preconceived shot lists going in my head - it's like opening a basket of ingredients and finding out what to make at that point.

most of mine are going up very soon! only keeping my pentax gear, nex 6 and fuji x10. having acheived what i think of as the leica look with pentax, all the rest is going!

Haha, yes.
Fortunately I can use the 'how heavy a camera do I want to lug today'- factor to help me decide most of the time... (E1 > EM1 > EPM2)
Unfortunately, the 'how much time do I want to spend on the computer afterwards' factor is diametrically opposed (EPM2 > EM1 > E1)
Ah well :)

Ricoh GR goes with me every day without thinking about it, if it's more specific/ particular, only then do I think about the other gear I'm too embarrassed to admit I've amassed.

@Ripleysbaby I can relate - though my solution often involves taking more than one camera - that's what day bags are for, after all :p But that's only true if I go out to take images ...

Seriously, as long as it's a fun thing ("I like to be able to shoot a variety of subjects") and not a sort of advance panic ("I might not be able to shoot the best image ever"), there's not a lot to it. But I fully agree it's easy to overdo, and I surely have agonised over my choices in the past, more than once.

Today, if photography isn't going to be the main purpose, I carry one camera, mostly the LX100 or my previous first choice, the E-PM1 with 12-32mm; the latter's a beater anyway, so there's no point in being overly careful. I went with :mu43: to be able to do that, after all - in my earlier film days, I carried a Minox GT, later a GT-E, whereever I went.

However, when I'm going into town, the GR is more suitable and convenient (it's the real "GT-E" replacement, to be honest - though the GR is a much more serious camera).

For everything else, I'd need a bag anyway - which would, in theory, open up countless opportunities. Happily, I actually have a "go-to" camera I always pick when I'm undecided: the D5500 with one lens, usually the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Art - sort of frugal, slightly flawed (the lens, that is ...), but heaps of fun.

M.

AFter your comments yesterday, I looked at the 20-40. *Faint*. over $1000 here.
Presume you're talking about the Pentax 20-40 Limited, Sue? After trying the 35mm Limited I think I now have some expensive new tastes and the 20-40 would suit me just fine! I've seen one for £349 used in eBay but I only have 6 hours until my 'no buying' resolution kicks in...

Presume you're talking about the Pentax 20-40 Limited, Sue? After trying the 35mm Limited I think I now have some expensive new tastes and the 20-40 would suit me just fine! I've seen one for £349 used in eBay but I only have 6 hours until my 'no buying' resolution kicks in...
ahahahahah!!

I'm being strong. Yes, the 20-40 looks lovely, and even the 16-85 might be nice, but I do not need any more lenses. That 35mm Ltd is nice. I don't think I'll ever sell mine. The only lenses that are really tempting me at the moment are the 55mm* f/1.4, and the WR 100mm

Back