A very happy St. Patrick's Day to those who are wearing the green!

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Amidst all that is going on, I almost forgot that today (in my time zone in the USA) is St. Patrick's Day!

For those of us who are Irish, are Irish for today, or want to enjoy the festivities that have become the celebration of the day - cheers!:drinks:

Cheers. Will be eating corned beef and cabbage later - a strange concoction this particular Irishman had never heard of before visiting America.

My Grandfather was 2nd or 3rd generation Irish Immegrant. Corned Beef and Cabbage was a staple at their house. My understanding is that its not a native Irish food but a food that the Irish Immegrants became fond of when they came over here. Happy St. Patrick's day to all!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, my favorite Irish joke. It's my favorite because it doesn't play off traditional Irish stereotypes, but instead subtler cultural ones.

In Ireland, it's not unusual for couples to go out walking after dinner. It's also not unusual for men to be shy about proposing marriage, nor about women to not say anything about that.

So Sean and Moira have been walking after dinner every day for twenty years, and finally Moira gets up the courage to ask him: "Sean, don't ye think it's time we be gettin' married?"

Sean thinks for a moment, then says, "Aye, but who'd have us now?"

Back