A top of Moel Ellio

Siejones

Rookie
Another test outing with the Sony Nex-5n. Can it really replace the heavy full frame system I used to hump up these hills and mountains? The jury still resides ;)

DSC01481.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

Wow, Siejones - such gorgeous vistas!

I'd love to see them larger if I could - that second one is an invitation to adventure! Stunning!

Thanks very much :)

I'm sorry I only ever post below 800px on the net due to fear of image theft :( Not by your self of coarse.

To see views like that, I'd even go a week without a camera. Man, I need a vacation. Gorgeous shots!

Get yourself high in the mountains my friend. Nothing beats mountain light.

Wonderful pics. The second is full of punch, but the first makes me want to go back and visit my mountains and face the fact I'm the last. The camera is nice, but you know how to look.

Beautiful colour in all of them, but no.2 is my favourite by far - it has great composition and good use of foreground detail, well done!

I agree with Alf, I bet with your great vision, you could make any camera look good :)

Beautiful captures. You will have to decide based on comparisons of large prints, but the Nex5N with its native lenses will not be a satisfactory MFT replacement I believe. Maybe with M lenses.
2 from the Pilatus in Switzerland from 10 days ago with M9 and ZM Sonnar 50.

Beautiful captures. You will have to decide based on comparisons of large prints, but the Nex5N with its native lenses will not be a satisfactory MFT replacement I believe. Maybe with M lenses.
2 from the Pilatus in Switzerland from 10 days ago with M9 and ZM Sonnar 50.

Thanks yes I have considered M lenses but although I could happily accept a wide angle prime lens I would struggle with the compositional restriction of the normal to telephoto range. Not too mention to the exceptional cost of M lenses which I find hard to justify.

Back