1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Late Season Rose...

Discussion in 'Macro' started by neilvan, Oct 21, 2010.

1. neilvan

neilvan Regular

Sep 25, 2010
    Beautiful BC, Canada
    I went to a local rose garden this morning, the light was so nice…

The rose garden looked better this morning than I have seen it all summer, very strange. Maybe my eyes were just more 'open' today! :doh: :tongue:

EX1 @ 24mm, 1/45th @ f3.9, ISO80, Handheld
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to share this one as well, even though it was taken with a DSLR! I enjoy finding abstracts like this in the petals of flowers...

a700 w/Tamron 60mm f2 DI, 1/80th @ f4, ISO160, Handheld
    [​IMG]
    (Hopefully I will not be banned for posting an image from an SLR :blush:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow, Neil - first of all that EX1 macro is phenomenal! I feel as though I am right in there - the colors and textures look absolutely perfect.

As for your DSLR abstract - ye shall not be banned, but you've made me swoon with the intensity of those waves of beauty!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Talk about a universal image......

Please don't post anymore great images like that from the EX...I am not interested in that camera....
    BB, what's B&H's #?

• Like Like x 1
  4. deirdre

deirdre Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    Haha, streetshooter.....

5. neilvan

neilvan Regular

Sep 25, 2010
    Beautiful BC, Canada
    Thanks BB - I find using P&S cameras a little 'challenging' for close-up/macro work as the working distance is so small (the increased DOF is nice though). I actually am just waiting for a +5 achromat lens to come in the mail, using the lens at full tele with the +5 should make things much easier.

Streetshooter - You know you want it, it is a fun little shooter with surprisingly good IQ. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.