a great photo I saw today

Hey All,

Great thread...

I would put up the person who simply awes me - over and over.. This link should take you to the front page of her site - just let the slideshow play....

Click Barbara Jones

To me her photographs speak volumes about the power and permanence of nature and man and man's relationship to nature.- keep this in mind as you watch.

-Ed-

Dan is a great photographer. You can view that image here...... Coronet Peak at Sunset

Thanks. I think what I like most about his is he knows when to stop with the post processing. It has a natural gentleness to it and non of the harsh over saturation contrast so common today with sunrise and sunset photos. (not that I've ever done that myself :) )

Here is one of my favorites. If I had it all to do over again, I'd be out shooting like this.

Hey All,

Great thread...

I would put up the person who simply awes me - over and over.. This link should take you to the front page of her site - just let the slideshow play....

Click Barbara Jones

To me her photographs speak volumes about the power and permanence of nature and man and man's relationship to nature.- keep this in mind as you watch.

-Ed-

Blimey ! What a great website too. Stunning !

Hey All,

Rip I think you see what I see. A photographer who is incredibly "in touch" with her subject and knows how to position time, nature, humanity in a scale that is enormously powerful - without trying to impress with colour. This is in my opinion talent that stands as tall as any landscape photographer of the past or present. Overcoming pretty is hard but she has done it. As another example only lately has the work of Guy Tal begun to go where Barbara now is. I am in awe.

-Ed-

Those are stunning images and remeniscent this guys images I came across on flickr, his work is also a real wake up call to worry less about gear and more about good image taking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtinseoul/12130102345/

Will, mate, I can't get through to this Flickr stream - tells me it's a "private page"? :hmmm:

Edit - I think I found him here - fine time to find him Will mate... seems the next day after you recommended him he deleted his whole library. :laugh1:
…I like the cut of this guy's jib! Wish I'd seen his stuff now.

From his site (I have redacted some colourful language…not sure why but some folks get offended):
"Clean
Posted on February 27, 2014
Last week, I deleted every photo I ever took aside from 41. I put those on a USB then deleted them, too. It was time for that. Time to get rid of the s**t. I’ve heard a lot about “holding on and remembering where you came from.”

F**k that. I could give a f**k about where I’ve been. Spent too long doing that. Now time to think about where I’m going.

Social networking is next as I’ll start the purge as soon as I have a spare couple of hours. It won’t take longer. Sentimentality needs to be left with the rest of the s**t."

Purge
Posted on February 25, 2014
Seoul, South Korea.

Last week, I deleted just about every photo I ever took. Everything from my hard drive. My Lightroom backups and libraries. I hated it all and it all had to get rid of it.

What a f*****g relief. Felt like graduating high school.

I went out that night and decided s**t is going to be different.

My social media will be next. Clean slate, clean conscience, a sick f*****g city, and a camera."

Back