A couple from my morning out.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by soundfanz, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Out and about at the Botanical Gardens in Brisbane.
    Used my X-100 to take these shots, post processed using the basic software bundled with the Camera. But I do have Lightroom 3 on the way. :)

• Like Like x 7
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    I like your choice of mono here.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Moderator

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    +1 to that, I specially like the rendering of the second pic
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I didn't realise there were statues and artwork like that out at Toowong; I guess that shows how long it's been since I've been out to the botanical gardens. At least I recognise the dome, though :)
  5. Lili

Lili Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Love this one!
  6. The statue worked really well from this angle! And I love the lobster. Having just crawled out after my nanna nap I was a bit astonished,.. thought it was real for 3 seconds! *rubs eyes*
  7. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Very nice Soundfanz! If you shoot RAW, the X100 also has in-camera processing, which does a fair job. Welcome to the forum!
  8. Thanks to everyone for the comments. I must say that my hands aren't exactly the steadiest, so I tend to lose a lot of shots when I PP at home. I might buy one of those stabalizing strap devices that you attach to your trousers/shorts which apparently help with keeping the camera steady.
    I do have a tripod which will fix those problems but they do restrict ones mobility while out hunting shots. :)
  9. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Nice shots mate, I'm with the herd on this one - the second is a fave. For steadiness have you considered a monopod - some of the newer models fold up nice and small? Or how's about a Gorillapod?

Out of curiosity do you shoot through the viewfinder or via the LCD. I know I'm probably telling you how to suck eggs but the VF will steady the cam and give you a stop or two advantage.

Well that's my know-all rant done :blush:

Thanks for sharing mate....looking forward to more.
  10. G'day stillshunter, I will keep in mind the monopod and the Gorillapod. I use both the EV and the LCD equally, today though all were using the LCD. And your not telling me to suck eggs, I have so much to learn.... but am loving the ride. :)