Fuji What !! A Lady Bug crawling on my X10 .....Shoo get off!!!

cherrywood

Veteran
Found this Red Lady Bug crawling on my New X10 :eek:.........Just Kidding.

Have the X10 decked out the way I like it now. Put on the match Technical Services Home Page soft shutter release, makes a nice difference in low speed shutter use,less vibration during shutter actuation. Also put on the 2 piece hood to use a polarizer in the field. And lastly put on the Really Right Stuff - camera plate for the Fuji X10 with tripod use.

Actually I think I am just going to leave the plate on permanently as i like it, as a nice extra bit of heft and gripping surface and can put a strap holder on the end of it as well. Really Right Stuff makes great products. As a former Large Format view camera shooter I like working off a tripod when the situation calls for it.

Any way how do you like the dressed up Fuji X10?

All the Best, Dennis.

Attachments

• IMG_4599.JPG
    IMG_4599.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_4598.JPG
    IMG_4598.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_4604.JPG
    IMG_4604.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_4597.JPG
    IMG_4597.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 329
Luke/Camera Quick release plate

your X10 looks sharp. Can you explain to a n00b what the camera plate does?

Yes Luke , its simple, the Quick release plate,(attached to the camera) allows you to fasten the camera to the tripod ,that also has the female dovetail clamp plate, to receive the male dovetail camera plate, allowing you to quickly and effortlessly attach and remove the camera from the tripod, instead of constantly unscrewing and screwing the camera to the tripod's 1/4 20 stud.

Check out the Really Right Stuff - website.

All the best ,Dennis.

Dennis, very nice indeed! Where does one find the two-piece hood?

Chuck, you can purchase the oem fuji for 50-60 USD from b&h or amazon, or go the knock off brand from Amazon under the brand name JJC #Lh-JX10 for 15 USD. I went the JJC knock off brand to save the cash. This one is the Best of the Knock-off ones as it fits the best and goes on smoothly. The finish is Black like the camera, but it is anodized, and not painted like the Fuji camera, plus the Fuji black is a semi gloss and the JJC hood is more of a matt finish, but still ok. The OEM fuji hood on the other hand would match the camera finish better, but at higher cost.

If the Fuji Hood was a little more reasonable in cost would have gotten that instead. Any way am happy with the JJC. Hood.

Dennis.

Chuck, you can purchase the oem fuji for 50-60 USD from b&h or amazon, or go the knock off brand from Amazon under the brand name JJC #Lh-JX10 for 15 USD. I went the JJC knock off brand to save the cash. This one is the Best of the Knock-off ones as it fits the best and goes on smoothly. The finish is Black like the camera, but it is anodized, and not painted like the Fuji camera, plus the Fuji black is a semi gloss and the JJC hood is more of a matt finish, but still ok. The OEM fuji hood on the other hand would match the camera finish better, but at higher cost.

If the Fuji Hood was a little more reasonable in cost would have gotten that instead. Any way am happy with the JJC. Hood.

Dennis.

Dennis, thanks. $50+ for an "official" lens hood is beyond the pale for me. I'll go with the JJC!

Love the bug and those are great little mods! You know ladybugs are good luck, right? Now all your shots will be winners! ;)

Thanks Kristen, yes I knew that about Lady Bugs favoring us, we have them in abundance right now on my front door. About the shots.......? can you assure me of this.:2thumbs:
All the Best Dennis.

Back