Leica Showcase 7Artisans 50mm F1.1 M-Mount lens

I'm hoping to get more answers out of DJ-Optical - I have an open WeChat between me them and a chap who's translating for me, it's obviously gone quiet over the weekend. All of your queries are in the pile, Brian.

I suspect the price increase is a dealer thing...

If you want to email me a price for that lens you're selling @Brian ... ... :)

I'm hoping to get more answers out of DJ-Optical - I have an open WeChat between me them and a chap who's translating for me, it's obviously gone quiet over the weekend. All of your queries are in the pile, Brian.

I suspect the price increase is a dealer thing...

If you want to email me a price for that lens you're selling @Brian ... ... :)

I highly recommend Brian's Sonnar conversions. I have a 1937 uncoated lens that is just fabulous.

This particular Sonnar will be on its way to Australia.

But- I am thinning the herd, and you will have right of first refusal on the next...

I highly recommend Brian's Sonnar conversions. I have a 1937 uncoated lens that is just fabulous.

I can well imagine - I have a Jupiter-8m squeezed into an industar-26 by a crazy Russian that Brian rebuilt for me. It's a wonderful thing

(There is a post coming soon about that lens btw, Brian, the 50 1.2 just jumped the queue)

This particular Sonnar will be on its way to Australia.

But- I am thinning the herd, and you will have right of first refusal on the next...

Excellent, cheers for that!!

Brian has done numerous lenses for me over the last few years. He transformed disappointing dogs into top performers. Almost magic.

I would recommend anything he sells without hesitation. (I'd also like to know if you're selling anything interesting)

PS: I hope you get the black lens without any mysterious customs delays or sudden price increases. Regarding my lens that was delivered via DHL, i'm almost sure it was drop-shipped because after I paid the seller kept assuring me it had already been shipped but then couldn't give me the DHL tracking number for almost 4 days. He kept stalling, then finally gave me a tracking number one day before the lens was delivered. I'm sure he had it drop shipped from the factory, but couldn't contact them for the tracking number since it was over a weekend. A lot of these Chinese sellers are the same guys with a dozen eBay IDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Black lens from a Hong Kong seller that must be a partner of the one that I bought the chrome lens from. Both have 100% feedback ratings. I sent a note, told them that getting it in September or October is no problem. Shorter turn-around time than my M Monochrom sensor replacement!

I suspect the delay is to revise the mount for the older Film M's. One of the first things I'll look for.

Yes- I ordered a Black one. I hope shipments resume after the revised mount is ready. Found it for $369 for a 100% feedback HK seller.

Love the SR-71 shots.

I like it. I've been using it exclusively on the M Monochrom, mostly with a Y2 filter. Latest round of shots- use a 58mm vented hood with 55->58 step-up ring. This eliminated the vignetting that I experiences with the 55mm filter+hood. I will buy some 58mm color filters for use in the future, or dig around in my closet....

Nikki and I went to the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum today. You've seen examples from my other trips there.

Wide-Open, focus and frame. Focus on the Tip.

View attachment 14755Udvar Hazy Museum, Wide-Open by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

just to show repeatability with the RF...

View attachment 14756Udvar Hazy Museum, Wide-Open by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

1.25x magnifier, Chinese eyepiece that cost me $50.

Can't guess the plane?

View attachment 14757Udvar Hazy Museum, Wide-Open by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Plane and a Flare Test.

Stopped down to F1.5:

View attachment 14758Udvar Hazy Museum, F1.5 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Most dealers have raised the price to $469 or so, the dealer that I purchased my lenses has done so. Will be interesting to see if it is delivered at the price I paid for it. The seller has 100% feedback, I would be surprised if they reneged on the price as sold at the time.

The lens arrived today. It is beautiful and quite heavy. We have lots of rain, but on Sunday the weather may be free of rain. I will try to use this lens during the weekend on the borrowed M240.

I think you are going to like it- Sonnar rendering and FAST!

I would like you to do a test: try it on the M240 with and without the lens detection turned on.

Back