7Artisans 35mm f2 Sonnar-Design lens review

I ordered one of these lenses. It was $289 with free shipping on eBay. eBay had a one day 20% off sale so I bought this lens for $231 a couple of days ago.

I'll report back and take some photos when I get it. It appears that it is being shipped direct from factory in Shenzhen, China.

Got the lens today. Nicely packaged, as I suspected direct from Shenzhen factory. 12 days to reach NYC, USA.

Lens is heavy, well-made.

Initial few snaps with Sony A7II are very good. Sharp, with a somewhat cool color cast.

I have absolutely no time this week since busy with work but I will post results perhaps this weekend. Initially, I'm very pleased, especially at the price. Subjectively, the lens "feels" much more expensive.

Quick preview, Sony A7II shots:

35mm_1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
35mm_2.jpg

Quick question for those who have this lens. How are the corners? I also have a Voigtlander 40mm 1.4 Nokton, that I usually shoot at f2-2.8 for daily shooting. The lens is very sharp stopped down and I only shoot wide open when I need the light gathering at night.

Can I expect better corner performance with the 7Artisans 35mm f2 or are the corners also somewhat soft? If so I'll probably just stick to the Voigtlander. Thanks!

Here are some photos taken yesterday with the lens mounted on a proper Leica M9.

ch5.jpg
chi1.jpg
chi3.jpg
chi4.jpg

Back