SiJ Book - flickr group

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I have created a flickr group for people to place their 4 photos for inclusion in the SiJ book that we are commencing work on. You can find it here..... BECAUSE WE ARE NOT SURE IF THERE IS COMPRESSION USED ON FLICKR, please hold off from using that group for posting photos.

I've chosen flickr since a number of you already use it and it is free. If you are not a user, consider becoming one. If you have no use for a photo sharing (or another one), we still need to get the full resolution shots from you. The gallery here is nice for internet display, but we need the full size for best quality printing. So if you aren't on flickr you can either point us to a place on the internet where we can download them or you can send them to me (or the editor.....whomever that turns out to be).

Please only use that specific flickr group for the 4 photos that you want included in the book so it doesn't become confusing.

You get to select which photos you want to represent your vision for January, but if you'd like help or input from the peanut gallery, this thread is a good place to show a few that you can't decide between.

Luke
Thanks first of all for taking the lead on this.
Lightmancer is wise to have us go slow.
Count me in for purchase of a copy.
I would be happy to submit four files.
From what I have seen you want jpg files in srgb color, sized at 3000 pixels on the long side.
Could you share an e-mail address to get the jpgs to you?
JH

From experience, and I'm not saying this is the way forward but just how we did it last time. Our 'editor' created a Dropbox to which we were invited access to and to which we sent our photos and text. Again not being prescriptive, but just saying....

Thanks Luke, well done mate!

How big is this book going to be to need such large files?

I guess that will have to be discussed. A square format makes the most sense to accommodate all the different orientations of photos. There is a 7 inch (18cm) square one that'll be in the $40-$50 range at around 80 pages or so or a 12 inch (30cm) square that is more like $80-$100.

I haven't seen these and don't know what to expect. a seven inch page once there are borders to let the image breathe means the images are pretty small, but I don;t know how much money people are willing to spend a keepsake like this.

Feel free to discuss.

NO!

Well, if that's too expensive...and it is expensive, I agree. Heck, one of our cats is now on pills that cost $25 a month!:eek:

Seriously, if we need to cut it down, we cut it down. Really this is to remind everyone of what we all did...so let's consider how many photos and what it will cost carefully. There is no way you are going to organize all this and then not feel you can buy it. Less is more.

That's why I'm suggesting 2 pix max....but I'll leave it to you and your helpmates, Luke.

NO!

Well, if that's too expensive...and it is expensive, I agree. Heck, one of our cats is now on pills that cost $25 a month!:eek:

Seriously, if we need to cut it down, we cut it down. Really this is to remind everyone of what we all did...so let's consider how many photos and what it will cost carefully. There is no way you are going to organize all this and then not feel you can buy it. Less is more.

That's why I'm suggesting 2 pix max....but I'll leave it to you and your helpmates, Luke.

It's not that it's too expensive. I just don't collect books. I may make an exception for this one. And don't get me started on the cost of pets. That little Westie of ours Charlie has a disease that's going to cost us $40 a month for the next 15 years (or however long he'll live). Then there's the other dog and 2 cats and we won't mention the horse (!)

I think maybe 2 is the way to go now that I'm seeing how many people are on board.

Back