Micro 4/3 GX1 indoors with flash at 800ISO

Iansky

All-Pro
Picked up my new GX1 on Sat and tried a couple of shots (as well as some on here with X100) with the 20mm on board.

I left the camera set up on Auto ISO to see how it performs and I have to say I am impressed with the results.

Here are the GX1 images:

Jean6.jpg

Jean7.jpg

Jean8.jpg

They look great for built-in flash photos. Did you set the camera to fill-in? Did you use the flash straight-on as opposed to bouncing it off the ceiling? That's the one cool thing about the GF2, being able to bounce the flash. I wish Oly had allowed for that on the EP3 (I think that was possible on the EPL1).

They look great for built-in flash photos. Did you set the camera to fill-in? Did you use the flash straight-on as opposed to bouncing it off the ceiling? That's the one cool thing about the GF2, being able to bounce the flash. I wish Oly had allowed for that on the EP3 (I think that was possible on the EPL1).

I used it direct as bouncing it (as you can do with the GX1 - just tilt it up) would have increased the ISO even more.

I am impressed with the results though so far - a lot more initial playing/testing to do though!

Back