Travel Northeast Cruise vacation with NEX-3

summerkl

Veteran
Name
Kevin
Here's a few of my favorites - all taken with the kit lens and pped with LR3. Hope you enjoy them.

As I continue to learn how to catch light, I am open to comments & critiques (be gentle please :dance3:)

Boston Public Library

101005_Boston_0062-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00974-2.jpg

If anyone can advise on how to get rid of the CA in this image, please advise. I have already used the LR3 control at quite a high setting to remove it

New York Various

101001_NewYork_0282-4.jpg

100930_NewYork_0176-3.jpg

101003_NewYork_0614-9.jpg

100929_NewYork_0091-1.jpg

Bar Harbor

101006_Bar_Harbor_0014-5.jpg

101006_Bar_Harbor_0005-4.jpg

101006_Bar_Harbor_0061-6.jpg

Saint John, NB and Halifax

101008_Halifax_0059-2.jpg

101007_StJohn_0023-9.jpg

101008_Halifax_0102-3.jpg

There are some real gems there, I really like the city photos, especially the off-kilter one, great composition and colour!

Thanks for sharing.

I was sure I had posted on this thread because as soon as I looked at these I felt the same as pretty much everyone else - except I don't seem to notice "CA" much which is probably a great blessing.

2, 3, 4, 5 and 12 are my favorites. :D Love the Flat Iron building shot, and of course the speeding train... Gee, if I'd been around, it would have been fun to say howdy in the big city.

Yes, this is a dangerous thread...it does make one feel a pull towards that NEX with it's articulating screen.;)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I have BB to thank for the nudge of using the LR3 contrast adjustment and voila "popping" images. It if helps anyone, the borders I added were from a free plug-in I found for LR3. There's more options in it than I have been able to try. Here's the link LR/Mogrify 2 - Add Watermarks, Border and Text Annotions to Images Exported by Adobe Lightroom 2

As to composition, I have the wily veterans of the forums who stress taking the time to compose the shot which in turn leads to having only to crop one of these images (the one with the 3 boats) :) My tip for improving your speed of composition - bring your spouse along who will offer encouraging words of support like "Hurry up", "Not again", "How many times do you need to take a picture of that" :laugh1:

The NEX sure is fun and it is helping stretch my creative eye. By the way, I'm an accountant so it wasn't too hard to stretch :)

Lastly, thanks Bill, some times the simplest solution is the best solution :doh:

DSC00974-1.jpg

Back